14 Born Under a Bad Sign: Part 1

January 28th - February 12th, 2007

Sam had been missing for a few days now. All Dean and I had been doing was making phone calls and driving around to different towns near where we had last seen him. He had left no clue as to where he had gone. One morning, we woke up, and he was missing, no note, and continuously let his phone go to voicemail.

We were getting extremely worried, so Dean pulled over under an overpass and called Ellen again.

"Ellen, it's me again. Any chance you've heard from him?" (...) Dean groaned. "I swear, it's like looking for our dad all over again. I'm losing my mind here." (...) "No, we've called him a thousand times. There's nothing but voicemail. We don't know where he went or why." He shook his head. "Sam's just gone."

Beep! Beep!

"Hang on." He pulled his phone away and clicked over to the other line. "Sammy? Where the hell are you? Are you okay?" (...) "Hey, hey, hey! Calm down. Where are you?" (...) "All right, don't move, we're on our way."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Once we reached the motel that Sam was waiting at, we quickly ran into the building and down the hallway to his room.

Dean knocked frantically on his door. "Sam, it's us. Sam!" There was no answer, so he tried the door, and it clicked open. "Sam?" he asked and then walked in. "Sam? Hey."

I followed him in.

"Hey..." Sam said softly.

He was sitting on the bed, staring at the floor with bruised knuckles and blood on his shirt.

Dean knelt next to him. "Are you bleeding?"

Sam sighed. "I tried to wash it off."

We both realized how much blood there actually was on his shirt. It was from his chest to right above his waist.

Dean brushed his hand over Sam's shirt. "Oh my god."

"I don't think it's my blood," Sam said.

"Whose is it?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "I don't know."

"Sam, what the hell happened?" Dean asked, concerned.

Sam finally looked up. "Dean. I don't remember anything."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dean had left me with Sam while he went out to find information. We didn't want to leave Sam alone because we were worried that he'd go missing again, but we were also worried about taking him out without knowing what had happened.

The whole time alone was awkward, he was really quiet, which I understood, but he just didn't seem like himself. So, I could not wait for Dean to come back.

Finally, he did about an hour later, with a grocery bag.

"What'd you find out?" Sam asked anxiously.

Dean sighed. "You checked in two days ago under the name Richard Sambora... of course, I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you're a Bon Jovi fan..."

"Dean," Sam said.

Dean shrugged. "Your room's been quiet. Nobody's noticed anything unusual."

Sam shook his head. "You mean no one saw me walking around covered in blood?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah. That's what I mean."

"Then how the hell did I get here, Dean? What happened to me?" Sam asked, frustrated.