19 Folsom Prison Blues: Part 1

I️ woke up to someone furiously shaking me. "Maddison! Maddison!"

I️ could feel my body trying to move and wake up, but I️ couldn't bring myself to open my eyes.

"Dean, her lips are blue. She's ice-cold," Sam said nervously.

"I️ know, man. We've got to warm her up," Dean said as someone threw a blanket over me and started to rub my arms. "What the hell happened at that house?"

As he said that, all of the memories from the day hit me at once. My eyes shot open, I️ looked up to see my brothers standing over me with worry in their eyes. Every emotion I️ had been holding in from the day exploded out of me, and I️ burst into tears.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

March 20th - April 2nd, 2007

A few days later, we left California and found a random motel. Sam and Dean were worried about me and hadn't taken a case in a while.

I️ hadn't really said anything since we left Renee's house, other than short and quick responses if I️ couldn't just simply nod in response to a question. If I️ was forced to say more than that, I️ was knowingly pretty short with Sam and Dean. I️ felt bad, but it was like I️ had so much built-up anger that I️ couldn't control myself, and it didn't matter who I️ was giving attitude to.

On top of all that, I️ was starting to think that I️ was actually going crazy. I️ kept seeing a man who called himself Sully and dressed like an overgrown toddler. He said he was here to help me, but his presence was just concerning me. I️ knew Sam and Dean couldn't see him because they never asked why some guy was following me around. I️ also knew he wasn't a ghost because I️ hit him with an iron lug wrench while Dean wasn't looking, but all that did was make Sully keel over in pain, not disappear.

We were on our way to Bobby's, so I️ could stay there for a few days. Dean had gotten a call from Deacon, a man my dad had helped out before. Deacon was a Correctional Officer at Green River County Detention Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. Apparently, there was something in his prison killing people, and he needed the boys' help to stop it. Dean came up with this brilliant idea to finally get caught by the police and arrested. Sam didn't really seem to agree with the idea, but he was going with it. I️, on the other hand, thought it was a completely stupid idea.

After we arrived at Bobby's, Dean grabbed my stuff, and Bobby welcomed us into the house.

"So, tell me about this hair-brained scheme you two cooked up again," Bobby said.

Sam shook his head. "Not my idea."

Dean sighed. "It's not hair-brained. It's a good idea. We're gonna break into a museum in Little Rock. The police'll come arrest us and then when they figure out who we are. The FBI will get involved and throw us in Deacon's prison—"

"You hope." I️ rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Anyway... after we figure out what this thing is and stop it. Deacon will get us out of the prison, and we'll make our way back here." Dean shrugged. "Shouldn't take more than a few days."

"How's this Deacon character going to get you out?" Bobby asked.

Dean shrugged. "Deacon says he can. I️ trust him."

Sam raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips.

Bobby nodded. "Well, that sounds promising."

I️ scoffed and rolled my eyes. Sully put his hand on my shoulder, which was his way of telling me to be nice. I️ pulled my shoulder away quickly to brush him off without warning anybody that I️ might be going insane.