5 Simon Said: Part 3

After we closed up the van, we went to a gas station and got some food for our stake-out. Then we went back to the Impala and waited for Andy to return to his van.

Dean finished eating his microwaveable cheeseburger and crumpled the wrapper. "Ugh. Ya know, one day, I'd love to just sit down and eat something I didn't have to microwave at a minimart." He tossed the wrapper into the back, it landed directly in my lap.

I grabbed the paper. "Hey, watch where you're tossing things back here, buddy." I threw it at the back of Dean's head.

Dean turned and smirked at me, his cheeks still stuffed with burger.

Sam sighed heavily, flipping through papers in a folder. "What I don't get is the motive. I mean, the doctor was squeaky clean. Why would Andy waste him?"

Dean looked at Sam and shrugged. "If it is Andy."

Sam snapped a look at Dean. "Dude, enough."

"What?" Dean asked.

"The doctor was mind-controlled in front of a bus. Andy just happens to have the power of mind control. You do the math," Sam said.

Dean shook his head. "I just don't think the guy's got it in him, that's all."

"Well, how the hell would you know? I mean, why are you bending over backward defending him?" Sam asked angrily.

Dean shrugged. "'Cause you're not right about this."

Sam furrowed his brow. "About Andy?"

Andy appeared suddenly at Sam's open window. He slammed his hands down and leaned in. "Hey! You think I haven't seen you three? Why are you following me?"

Sam sighed. "Well, we're—"

"Tell the truth!" Andy yelled.

Sam was taken aback. "That's what I'm—"

"We hunt demons," Dean said quickly.

Sam and I snapped our heads at Dean. "Dean!" we yelled in unison.

"What?" Andy asked, confused.

"Demons and spirits. Things your worst nightmares wouldn't even touch." Dean pointed to Sam. "Sam here. He's my brother." Then he nodded to me. "Maddison's our sister."

"Dean, shut up!" Sam yelled.

I'm trying," Dean said to Sam and then quickly switched his attention back to Andy. "He's psychic... kind of like you. Well, not really like you, but see, he thinks you're a murderer, and he's afraid that he's going to become one himself, 'cause you're all part of something that's terrible. And I hope to hell that he's wrong, but I'm starting to get a little scared that he might be right. Also, I'm pretty sure you tried to use your Jedi mind tricks on Maddi earlier, and it didn't work, which freaks me out." He finished, took a deep breath, and then smiled uncomfortably.

"Okay, ya know what?" Andy glared at Dean. "Just leave me alone."

Dean nodded. "Okay."

"All right?" Andy smacked the door and walked away.

Dean cringed and held his head in pain. Sam quickly got out and followed after Andy.

I leaned forward and rubbed Dean's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Dean nodded quickly and then got out. I followed.

"What are you doing? Look, I— I said leave me alone," Andy said, "All right? Get out of here, just start driving, and never stop."

Sam put his arms out. "Doesn't seem to work on me, Andy."

"What?" Andy asked.

"You can make people do things, can't you? You can tell them what to think," Sam said. He turned and put his hand out, warning Dean and me not to get any closer.