2 Everybody Loves a Clown: Part 3

Mr. Cooper gave Sam and Dean positions as janitors, so I was just wandering around playing games and eating food. It had been a few hours, so I was getting bored, and my ankle was starting to hurt, so I found a bench and started people watching.

A few minutes later, I spotted Dean dumping garbage into a dumpster, so I got up and walked over to him.

"You having fun yet?" I joked.

Dean turned around. "Oh yeah, tons," he said sarcastically and started walking to the next trash can.

I followed.

"We really shouldn't be seen together," Dean said, not looking at me.

I sighed. "Look, Dean. I'm sorry about earlier."

Dean turned and looked down at me. "Don't worry about it... really. I get it."

"Get what?" I asked, confused.

He shrugged. "Uh, you know—"

Ring! Ring! Ring!

He answered his phone, "Hello?" (...) "What's the matter? You sound like you just saw a clown." He laughed. (...) "Like a real human skeleton?" (...) "Did the bones give off EMF?" (...) "We should check it out anyway. I'm heading to you." He hung up and started walking.

"Wait, what's going on?" I asked.

"I'm gonna meet Sam, just stay within sight, but keep your distance," Dean directed.

"There's a skeleton somewhere?" I asked.

"No, Sam was in the funhouse, it was a fake, but we want to check the funhouse out anyway. Sweep it for EMF. Just stay close, all right," Dean said.

I nodded and watched as Dean turned away.

A man with sunglasses and a walking stick grabbed Dean's arm. "What are you doing here, kid?"

"I'm— I was just sweeping," Dean stuttered.

"Bull. And what were you talking about? Skeletons? What's EMF?" the man asked.

"Dude, your blind man hearing is out of control," Dean joked.

"We're a tight-knit group. We don't like outsiders. We take care of our own problems," the man said.

"We got a problem?" Dean asked.

"You tell me, you're the one talking about human bones," the man said.

Dean sighed. "Do you believe in ghosts?"

"What?" the man asked.

"My brother and me... um. We're writing a book about them," Dean said and nodded for me to leave, so I did.

I sat back down on the bench I was at previously and watched as Dean managed to get away from the man.

Once the man walked away, Dean made his way over to the funhouse, met Sam out front, and started talking.

"Mommy, look at the clown!" a girl shouted, causing me to turn around.

"What clown?" her mother asked.

The girl pointed, causing me and her mother to look, but there was nothing there.

"Come on, sweetie, come on." The mother grabbed the girl's hand, and they continued walking.

I quickly got up and hurried over to Sam and Dean before they walked into the funhouse. "Guys! Guys!"

Dean turned around. "Maddi, I told you to keep your distance."