15 Tall Tales: Part 1

February 15th - February 19th, 2007

Sam and Dean had been non-stop fighting since we started a new case a few days ago. It had been really getting on my nerves, but I had been trying to keep my cool. It was getting harder and harder, though, because we were always stuck together, and the incessant fighting was becoming too much.

I decided to get up and get myself a glass of water, but when I passed the trash can, I couldn't handle it anymore.

"What the hell?! You guys are such jerks!" I shouted as I pulled one of my Harry Potter books out of the trash.

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked while stuffing his face with chili-cheese fries.

"Dude. You mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam asked, annoyed.

"No, I don't mind." Dean smirked and shoved more into his mouth.

I held up my book. "Who did this? It's soaking wet."

"It wasn't me." Dean shrugged.

"Really? 'Cause..." I sniffed it. "It smells like beer."

"How do you know what beer smells like?" Dean asked, annoyed.

"'Cause you two leave beer bottles and cans all over the place! That's not the point, Dean!" I shouted as I grabbed some paper towels and started dabbing the book.

"I didn't do it!" Dean yelled.

"Ya know, I wouldn't be so mad. If you had just told me in the first place!" I yelled.

"Yeah, speaking of hiding things," Sam snapped, "This research would go a heck of a lot faster if I had my computer."

"Oh, get over it! Sam, no one touched your computer," I said.

Dean nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"Can you turn that down, please?" Sam asked angrily, referring to the radio sitting next to Dean.

"Yeah, absolutely." Dean nodded and turned the radio up louder.

"Ya know what? Maybe, uh— Maybe you should just go somewhere for a while!" Sam yelled over the music.

I stomped over to the radio and turned it off.

Dean sat up. "Hey, I'd love to. That's a great idea. Unfortunately, my car's all screwed to hell."

Sam groaned. "Dean, I told you, I have nothing to do with—"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Sam got up and peered through the peephole and then opened the door. "Hey, Bobby."

Bobby nodded as he walked in. "Kids."

Dean stood up and walked over to him. "Hey, Bobby."

"It's good to see you again so soon," Bobby said.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for coming. Come on in," Sam said, gesturing to the room.

Dean shook Bobby's hand. "Thank god you're here."

"So, um, what didn't you want to talk to me on the phone about?" Bobby asked.

"It's this job we're working. We— We weren't sure you'd believe us," Sam said.

Bobby scoffed. "Well, I can believe a lot."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, no, no, it's just, we've never seen anything like it..."

Dean shook his head. "Not even close."

Sam nodded. "And we thought we could use some fresh eyes."