6 No Exit: Part 1

September 23rd - September 30th, 2006

We were getting ready to walk into the Roadhouse when Dean announced that he had found a case.

"Los Angeles, California," Dean said as he slammed the trunk to the Impala.

"What's in LA?" Sam asked.

"Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult," Dean said.

"Yeah?" Sam asked, "Girl got a name?"

"Katie Holmes," Dean said, with a straight face.

Sam laughed. "That's funny. And for you, so bitchy."

Suddenly the sound of glass shattering and yelling came from the Roadhouse.

Dean nodded at the front door. "Of course, on the other hand... catfight."

The three of us shrugged and then quickly made our way into the bar.

As we walked in, Jo and Ellen were yelling at each other while getting the place ready for the day. Sam, Dean, and I stayed out of the way. I looked over and noticed Nate watching his mother and sister fight while uncomfortably wiping down the bar.

"I am your mother! I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen yelled.

"You can't keep me here!" Jo shouted.

"Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie," Ellen said sternly.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to chain me up in the basement?" Jo asked.

"Ya know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently." Ellen shrugged. "Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school."

"I didn't belong there!" Jo yelled. "I was a freak with a knife collection."

"Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen yelled.

Sam accidentally bumped into Dean.

Ellen turned abruptly. "Bad time."

Sam nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

"Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway," Dean said, and the three of us started back to the door.

"Wait. I wanna know what they think about this," Jo said, causing us to turn our attention back to them.

Suddenly, tourists walked in. They were a mom, a dad, and two kids under three, all wearing bright yellow t-shirts that read, Nebraska is for Lovers.

"I don't care what they think!" Ellen yelled.

"Are you guys open?" the dad asked.

"No!" Jo yelled.

"Yes!" Ellen yelled.

The family looked shocked and confused.

The dad cleared his throat uncomfortably. "We'll just... check out the Arby's down the road." With that, the family left.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Ellen stomped over to the phone. "Harvelle's." (...) "Yeah, Preacher."

Jo stormed over to us. "Three weeks ago, a young girl disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." She held a file out to Dean, who just stared at it. "Take it. It won't bite."

"No, but your mom might," Dean said, nodding at Ellen.

Jo pursed her lips and pushed the file closer to Dean, who rolled his eyes, took it reluctantly, and started flipping through it.