9 Croatoan: Part 1

November 22nd - November 24th, 2006

I sat up suddenly, hearing Sam yell. When I looked up, Sam was on the floor by his bed, sitting up, completely freaked out.

I jumped out of bed and ran to him. "Sam?"

Suddenly, the door opened, and Dean walked in, snacking on a piece of jerky and carrying a six-pack of beer.

When he saw Sam on the floor, he walked over to us. "What's going on?"

"We have to go," Sam said, getting up.

"Where?" Dean asked.

"Rivergrove, Oregon," Sam said, grabbing his stuff and leaving the room.

I quickly packed my bag. Once I was done, Dean grabbed both of our bags, and we went out to meet Sam, who was already sitting in the Impala.

Dean started the car, and we hit the road. "What happened?"

"I had another vision," Sam said.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, I figured that part out."

"I saw you shoot some guy that was tied to a chair," Sam said.

A GPS voice spoke, "Continue on O-R Two-Two-Four West."

"There are only two towns in the US named Rivergrove," Sam said.

"How come you're so sure it's the one in Oregon?" Dean asked.

Sam thought for a second. "There was a picture. Crater Lake."

Dean nodded. "Okay, what else?"

Sam shrugged. "I saw a dark room, some people, and a guy tied to a chair."

"And I ventilated him?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. You thought there was something inside him," Sam said.

"What? A demon?" Dean asked, "Was he possessed?"

Sam shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, all your weirdo visions are always tied to the yellow-eyed-demon somehow... so was there any black smoke? Did we try to exorcise it?" Dean asked.

Sam shook his head. "No. Nothing, you just plugged him, that's it."

"Well, I'm sure I had a good reason," Dean said.

Sam sighed. "I sure hope so."

"What does that mean?" Dean looked over at Sam. "I mean, I'm not gonna waste an innocent man."

Sam raised his eyebrows.

"I wouldn't!" Dean shouted.

"I never said you would!" Sam yelled.

"Fine!" Dean said.

"Fine! Look, we don't know what it is. But whatever it is, that guy in the chair's a part of it. So, let's find him and see what's what," Sam said.

"Fine," Dean said, annoyed.

"Fine." Sam scoffed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we arrived at Rivergrove, Sam spotted one of the men in his vision. He was about our dad's age, and he was sitting on a porch cleaning a rifle. The boys got out, grabbing US Marshal badges before heading over to talk to the man. Dean had parked the car at a distance where the man wouldn't notice me, but I could still see their interaction.