13 Houses of the Holy: Part 2

Sam dropped Dean and me off at the motel and left to do some research. We needed to figure out more about the bodies we had found.

While Dean and I waited, we listened to the police radio and stumbled upon some information that we couldn't wait to share with Sam.

Dean had been staring at the Magic Fingers controller longingly while we tried to get caught up on Dr. Sexy MD.

I smacked him. "Dean, you're missing everything."

He turned back to me. "I know what's going on."

"Mm-hmm. What just happened? Literally ten seconds ago," I said.

Dean cleared his throat. "Well... he—"

"Nope..." I shook my head. "Already wrong. There hasn't been a single dude in this episode so far."

Dean put his head back and groaned. "I know. I just miss it so much."

"The Magic Fingers, really?" I asked.

Dean nodded. "Yes, Maddison. Really."

Suddenly, the door opened, and Sam walked in.

Dean quickly stood up and turned the TV off, spinning around to face Sam. "Did you bring quarters?" he asked desperately.

Sam looked over at the Magic Fingers and frowned. "Dude! I'm not enabling your sick habit." He tossed a sandwich to Dean and then walked over and handed one to me, "You're like one of those lab rats that pushes the pleasure button instead of the food button until it dies."

"What are you talking about? I eat. And..." Dean pointed at Sam. "We got news."

Sam nodded. "Me too."

"All right, you go first," Dean said.

"Three students have disappeared off the college campus in the last year. All of them were last seen at the library," Sam said.

Dean took a bite out of his sandwich. "Where Carl Gully worked?"

Sam sighed. "Yup."

Dean shook his head. "Sick bastard."

Sam nodded. "So, Gloria's angel—"

"Angel?" Dean asked.

"Okay." Sam rolled his eyes. "Whatever this thing is—"

"Okay, well, whatever it is, it's struck again," Dean said.

"What?" Sam asked.

"We were listening to the police radio. There was this guy, uh..." Dean thought for a moment.

"Zach Smith," I said.

Dean nodded. "Some local drunk; he went up to a stranger's front door last night, stabbed him in the heart."

"And then I'm guessing he went to the police and confessed?" Sam asked.

"Yup. Roma Downey made him do it." Dean walked across the room and grabbed a post-it note off of the mirror. "Now, I, uh... got the victim's address."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When we arrived at the house, we walked around to the side and found a dumpster backed up against the fence. Sam climbed up first and jumped over. Dean picked me up and placed me on the dumpster. I climbed over the fence, and Sam helped me down, then Dean followed.

We walked up to a window, and Sam used his knife to pop the lock, then we climbed through. Dean and I searched the house as Sam tried to crack into the man's computer.

After a while, Dean and I wandered back into the office to check on Sam.

"Find anything?" Sam asked as we walked in.

"Well, Frank liked his catalog shopping, but that's about all we got," Dean said.

Sam shook his head. "Not much here. Except he's got this one locked file on his computer, I can't... hold on." He clicked a few buttons and then grinned triumphantly. "Not anymore." He smiled and then looked shocked. "God."

"What?" Dean asked.

"Well, he's got all these emails. Dozens, to this lady named Jennifer." Sam raised his eyebrows. "This lady who's thirteen-years-old."

Dean groaned and shook his head. "Oh, I don't want to hear this."

"Looks like they met in a chat room. These emails are pretty personal." Sam pointed to the computer. "Look at that. Setting up a time and place to meet."

"Great." Dean rolled his eyes. "If I ever found out some guy was..." He glanced over at me and shook his head. "Sorry... that just hits a little too close to home."

"I would never do that," I said.

"No, I know. It's just the fact that people like this exist." Dean shook his head.

Sam sighed as he continued reading. "They were supposed to meet today."

"Huh." Dean raised his eyebrows. "Well, I guess if you're gonna stab someone, good timing. I don't know, man, this is weird, ya know? I mean, sure, some spirits are out for vengeance, but this one's almost like a do-gooder, ya know? Like— Like a—"

"Avenging angel?" Sam asked.

Dean rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Well, how else do you explain it, Dean?" Sam asked. "Three guys, not connected to each other, all stabbed through the heart? At least two were world-class pervs, and I bet if you dug deep enough on the other guy—"

Dean picked something up. "Hey."

"What?" Sam asked.

"You said Carl Gully was a churchgoer, right?" Dean asked.

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

"What was the name of his church?" Dean asked.

Sam thought for a second. "Uh... Our Lady of the Angels?"

"Of course, that'd be the name." Dean held up a church flier. "Looks like Frank went to the same church."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *