11 Playthings: Part 4

We quickly ran up to the PRIVATE room.

"Tyler!" Susan yelled as she opened the door.

The dolls had been ripped off of the wall, several of their porcelain faces had been broken.

"Oh my god. Tyler." Susan ran out of the room and up the stairs towards her mother's room. "Tyler!"

"I saw Maggie," I said quietly.

"What? Where?" Sam asked urgently.

"The first day we were here. I didn't know she was a spirit. She looked like a perfectly normal girl," I said.

Dean shook his head. "Maddison, you didn't—"

"I didn't know?" I asked. "That man is dead, and he wouldn't be if I had realized."

"Kid's your age can see spirits easily. Spirits don't always present themselves how they died. It would be easy to miss," Sam said.

"But I should have known." I started pacing. "He would be alive right now."

"Hey." Sam knelt in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Don't beat yourself up over it," he said softly.

I furrowed my brow. "You did."

Sam looked at me, speechless.

Susan ran back into the room. "She's not here!"

Sam stood up. "Susan. Tell us what you know about Maggie."

"Uh, not much." Susan shrugged. "Um, Tyler's been talking about her since Mom got sick."

"Okay, did you ever know anyone by that name?" Sam asked.

Susan shook her head. "Uh, no..."

"Think, think, I mean, somebody that could have lived here, might have passed away?" Dean asked.

Susan gasped. "Oh my god. My mom. My mom had a sister named Margaret. She barely spoke about her."

"Did Margaret happen to die here when she was a kid?" Sam asked.

Susan nodded. "She drown in the pool."

"Come on," Dean said, rushing everyone out of the room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We all ran to the pool house. When we reached it, we could see Tyler standing on the wrong side of a balcony, overlooking a pool with a plastic pool cover on it. I could also see Maggie standing next to Tyler.

"Tyler!" Susan shouted as she tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"She's in there with her," I said.

"Maggie?" Dean asked.

I nodded, and then Sam and Dean started pounding on the glass door, but it wasn't budging.

"Tyler!" Susan shouted.

Tyler turned to look at us. "Mommy!"

Maggie grabbed Tyler's wrist and pulled her off the balcony, and then Tyler fell into the pool with a scream.

"Is there another entrance?" Dean asked urgently.

"Around back," Susan said.

"All right, let's go," Dean said and then turned to Sam. "Keep working."

Sam nodded, and then Dean and Susan ran off. As Sam continued to pound on the door, Maggie turned, smiled, and then vanished.

Then Sam stopped and picked up a large pot. "Step back!"