11 Playthings: Part 2

We decided to walk through the house to see what we could find.

"Hey. Look at that. More hoodoo," Sam said, holding up another urn.

We continued walking until we came to a door with a sign on it that read, PRIVATE. Dean knocked on it, and Susan answered the door.

"Hi there." Dean smiled.

Susan looked confused. "Hi. Everything okay with your room?"

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, everything's great. Yeah," Sam and Dean said, talking over each other.

"Well, I was— I was just in the middle of packing," Susan said.

"Hey," Dean said, looking past her. "Are those antique dolls? Because this one." He nudged Sam. "This one here, he's got a major doll collection back home. Don'tcha? Huh?"

Sam cleared his throat. "Big time."

"Big time." Dean nodded. "You think he could come... or we could come in and take a look?"

Susan shook her head. "I don't know—"

"Please? I mean, he loves them. He's not gonna tell you this, but he's, he's always dressing 'em up in these little, tiny outfits and, um, you'd make his day." Dean nudged Sam again. "She would, huh? Huh?"

"It's true," Sam said uncomfortably.

Susan sighed and nodded. "Okay. Come on in."

"All right. All right!" Dean slapped Sam on the back.

Sam shot Dean a death glare, and then we walked in.

Dean looked at the wall of dolls. "Wow. This is a lot of dolls. I mean, they're nice, ya know. Not super creepy at all."

"Yeah, I suppose they are a little creepy. But they've been in the family forever. A lot of sentimental value," Susan said.

"What is this? The hotel?" Sam asked, looking at a large dollhouse.

Susan nodded. "Yeah, that's right. Exact replica, custom-built."

Sam leaned down and picked up a doll that was inside the dollhouse. "His head got twisted around. What happened to it?"

"Tyler, probably," Susan said.

One of the little girls from earlier ran into the room. "Mommy! Maggie's being mean."

"Tyler, tell her I said to be nice, okay?" Susan asked.

"Hey, Tyler." Sam held up the doll. "I see you broke your doll. You want me to fix it?"

Tyler shook her head. "I didn't break it. I found it like that."

"Oh. Well, uh, maybe Maggie did it," Sam said.

Tyler shook her head. "No, neither of us did it. Grandma would get mad if we broke 'em."

"Tyler, she wouldn't get mad," Susan said softly.

"Grandma?" Dean asked.

"Grandma Rose. These were all her toys," Tyler said.

"Oh. Really. Where's Grandma Rose now?" Dean asked.

"Up in her room," Tyler said.

"Ya know, I'd—" Sam stuttered, "I'd uh, I'd really love to talk to Rose about her incredible doll—"

Susan interrupted, "No! I mean, I'm afraid that's impossible. My mother's been very sick, and she's not taking any visitors."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *