|15| Madison

Before the car could even stop properly, Alexa leapt out

"Last one in the waters is a rotten egg!" Alexa yelled and started running towards the ocean, leaving all their bags in the car.

Maddy immediately started running. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to win because the rest were werewolves, Maddy pounced on an unsuspecting Xander, making him trip and fall along with Maddy on top of him. Maddy quickly disentangled herself from Xander who was still recovering from the shock.

"Not fair!"

"All's fair in love and war," Maddy replied as she took off running.

"Which one is this? Love or war?" Xander shouted.

Maddy's cheeks turned crimson and she thanked the gods that he couldn't see her face right now. Maddy made her way through the waters, shivering because of the first impact of the water on her skin. From experience, Maddy had learnt that it was easier to jump into the water and tackle the shock head on, than wade into the water slowly. So, she took a gulp of air and ducked into the water. After spending a few seconds, she came out of the waters.

"Xander's the loser," Alexa said in a singsong way, mocking Xander.

Xander didn't say anything but glared at Maddy, with an evil glint in his eye. Maddy involuntarily shivered. However, that shiver turned into something else when she watched Xander take off his shirt and gracefully wade into the waters. He looked like a Greek god without his shirt. His chest looked like it had been carved slowly and intricately by god. When he came out of the water, his hair was dripping with water, hanging messily on his head, making him look even more sexy. Not to mention the water droplets on his abs which made him look even more sinfully delicious.

This was not good. Xander will without doubt, be looking out for vengeance and Maddy could not afford to be distracted. She blinked thrice and then looked away, only to catch Alexa's eye who seemed to be amused by the fact that she had caught Maddy gawking at her brother. Maddy blushed and decided to swim deeper to clear off her head.

Maddy didn't realize she had swum a long way until she felt someone tug her leg. She tried to swim away, but every time she did, the person tugged her harder. She grabbed on to her leg and tried pulling it up to no avail. Maddy looked around trying to call out to someone but found nobody around. That's when her leg was pulled underneath completely, her body following. Maddy desperately tried to swim back up by using her hands, but she couldn't. She tried to kick whatever was pulling her inside with her free leg but she couldn't reach it. Maddy was running out of breath and her vision was turning black. She felt certain that she was going to die, when a hand snaked around her waist and pulled her out. Maddy coughed and spluttered.

"Shit! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to go that far. I forgot you were human and-" The voice droned on in the background but she couldn't hear it clearly. She tried to remain conscious but lost the battle and then everything went black.