|3| Madison

Maddy made her way to the back door

Maddy made her way to the back door. She wasn't stupid. She knew that the werewolves were much stronger than her. One werewolf, she could probably handle but if they came in a pack, she'd be dead before she could say 'werewolf'. Maddy tiptoed outside through the backdoor and she saw two werewolves waiting a few feet away, leaning on some trees. She winced as she heard a huge crash from behind that sounded like the door falling off.

Maddy's house was surrounded by a huge garden. Whatever love her mom had for gardening hadn't been passed down to Maddy but right now it provided the perfect cover. Maddy used the tall tress as cover, feeling like the sneakiest criminal ever. Her heart was thumping so loud that she was afraid that it would give away her location. She crept behind the tree where one of them was leaning, shuddering when she saw the number of ants crawling on the tree. Maddy had never been a fan of insects.

The guards were in their human form, which made it easier for her. She didn't know the weak spots of a wolf, but one kick at the nuts and the guards will go down, groaning.

"You smell that? The girl is here somewhere."

Maddy's breath hitched. Shit. She had completely forgotten that werewolves had supersmell. Was that even a word? Maddy made a note to check it once she got out of this mess. What? She was a writer. She couldn't help being obsessed with words.

"Obviously, this place would smell like her. It is her house, you idiot."

"Yeah, you are right."

Maddy almost gave herself away by laughing. Although werewolves were strong physically, they clearly didn't get any intelligence.

There was no way to knock out one of them without alerting the other, so Maddy didn't bother maintaining stealth anymore. She quickly came out of hiding and kicked one of the werewolves in the nuts. To make sure that she he stays down she stabbed him in the stomach using the silver spoon and he immediately crumpled down on the floor. The wound wasn't deep enough to kill him, but judging by his reaction it hurt a lot. Maddy didn't waste any time.

Maddy turned around to find the second guy aiming a punch right at her. Reflexively, Maddy dodged it at the last moment. Whatever lack of brains the werewolves had, they made it up with a bunch of muscles. The werewolves clearly hadn't expected her to try and escape as both the werewolves standing on guard, though filled with muscles seemed to be bad at fighting. The second guy had a horrible stance and he wasn't defending himself well.

Maddy had always been the smallest among the other students in her Karate class as the others were tall and strong, like Leia. Maddy was good at Karate, maybe even the best if they all had her small physique, but since all of them were huger than her, she needed to rely on her wits. For once, Maddy felt grateful that she had been training with people twice her size. These werewolves too, were much larger than her but she was used to being the smallest.