|8| Madison

Maddy huffed and puffed as she tried to keep up with Leia's pace

Maddy huffed and puffed as she tried to keep up with Leia's pace. Finally, Leia stopped running and started laughing. Maddy immediately sat down on the grass, trying to catch her breath.

"I haven't run this much since forever. At least give me a warning first," Maddy groaned. "Why did you even start running?"

"Alpha's can't not take up a challenge. I have no doubt that Xander would have challenged me for the best friend position," Leia said as she sat down beside Maddy.

Maddy laughed on hearing that. "A challenge to be my best friend?" she asked incredulously.

Leia nodded. "Werewolves are extremely competitive, remember?"

"I know that I would win, but I saved you from breaking Xander's heart," Leia added.

Maddy chuckled at Leia's dramaticness.

"Soooo, Xander?" Leia asked, wiggling her eyebrows. "Never thought my future Alpha would be my best friend's love interest."

Maddy groaned, knowing what was going to happen next. "We should start walking," Maddy said as got up.

Leia pulled Maddy down. "You can't escape," Leia said in singsong tone.

"So, is the Alpha position hereditary?" Maddy asked, trying to change the topic.

Leia shook her head. "Alpha is the most dominant wolf. You never know who will be the next Alpha. It's just coincidence that Xander is the son of the Alpha and the future Alpha. I'm not very dominant even though dad is an Alpha. And don't change the topic."

Maddy sighed, knowing that she wouldn't be able to escape. "What do you want to know?"

"Do you seriously like him? Or is it like one of those celebrity crushes which you forget about a few weeks later?"

Maddy wrinkled her nose and asked, "Why do you want to know?"

"Well," Leia says softly, all her cheerfulness disappearing. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Maddy laughed and nudged Leia. "Don't worry. I'm not planning to ask him out or anything. What about you? 'Jer', huh?" Maddy asked, making air quotes for the word Jer.

Leia blushed and scowled at the same time. "Shut up."

"You were the one who wanted some girl talk. Now suffer," Maddy said with a glint in her eye.

"I hate you."

With some persuasion, Leia started narrating their story. Maddy was listening to it intently when an idea struck her. Maddy gasped and held her hand out. Without even asking, Leia dropped her phone into Maddy's palm. Maddy quickly opened the Wattpad app.

Leia sighed. "Seriously? Now?"

It had become a common occurrence for Maddy to get ideas for her story at inconvenient times. And most of the time, Maddy didn't have her phone with her. What can she say? She was an extremely clumsy person, which was why Leia had the Wattpad app already installed and logged into Maddy's account. Leia didn't even question anymore when Maddy randomly grabbed her phone.

Maddy went to one of her drafts labeled 'ideas' and jotted down the idea for her story.

"You might be in the middle of a battle, but you'd still find time to jot down your damn ideas," Leia grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah," Maddy muttered as she went through her Wattpad notifications. There were quite a few messages from Xander. Most of them being cheesy pick-up lines. Xander had this weird obsession with pick-up lines and he had decided a long time ago that Maddy would be the test subject for those cheesy one-liners. If you were to scroll through their chat, most of them would be of some weird pick-up line from Xander followed by a text from Maddy commenting on how bad the line was.

The recent texts however, were different. It started off with him flirting and when Maddy didn't respond, he had started spamming. Then there were several messages about him asking if she was fine.

"Enough screen time, young lady!" Leia said as she snatched her phone from Maddy.

"Now I'm going to give you the bestest tour of the one and only Amalthea Pack!" Leia said loudly in a funny accent.

Maddy smirked. "It's best not bestest."

Leia shoved Maddy. "You are absolutely no fun."

For the next hour, Leia gave Maddy a thorough tour on the different buildings along with random, completely unrelated facts that Maddy really didn't need to know about. For example, she really didn't need to know that a jar of peanut butter could contain up to 5 rodent hairs. How it was related to the tour, Maddy would never find out. By the time they reached the end of their tour, Maddy was dead on her feet.

"And to end our magnificent tour, this is the place where you'll be staying. It's a guest house. You'll be provided with all your clothes and everything. Here's an interesting fact. We breathe in a liter of fart every day."

"Leia! Where do you even get such facts!!! Gah."

"Alexa. She has a whole collection of facts and since I am such an amazing friend, I decided to share it with you. On a more serious note, I think you should finish dinner fast and head to bed. You've had a very... interesting day today and you'll need a lot of sleep."

"Yeah mom," Maddy said as she waved Leia by and headed inside.

The moment her eyes fell on the extremely comfortable bed, exhaustion hit her like a truck. Without even bothering to change her dirty and slightly bloodied clothes, Maddy flopped down upon the bed and slipped into slumber.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha