|4| Madison

For the next few hours, Maddy drifted in and out of conscious

For the next few hours, Maddy drifted in and out of conscious. When Maddy finally opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was vivid green eyes. Moving on instinct, she threw a feeble punch at the owner of those green eyes. Maddy was still groggy from being knocked out, but her eyes were quickly coming into focus. Along with her was a girl of about her age sitting in truck. The girl easily dodged it and smiled slightly as if she was amused. This irritated Maddy.

"What are you staring at me for? I am not some animal in a zoo." Maddy snapped at her, glaring.

"No, you are a human. Interesting."

"And you are a werewolf I suppose?" Maddy asked skeptically.

"Yeah. I am Alexa. I would shake your hand but as you can see my hands are preoccupied."

That's when Maddy noticed that the girl's hands were tied behind her back. Maddy immediately knew that she wasn't part of the group pf kidnappers but was the victim. Maddy's shoulders relaxed and using the help of the side of the truck, she sat up and faced Alexa properly.

"I'm Madison. You were taken by those werewolves too?" On seeing Alexa's nod, she continued, "So, do you have any idea why they kidnapped us?"

Alexa thought for some time and then replied, "I am the Alpha's daughter. An Alpha is-"

"I know what an Alpha is," Maddy interrupted. Of course, she knew all about werewolves. After all, she was writing a story about werewolves. Now, all she had to do was separate the myths from reality.

Immediately, Alexa's guard was up. "How do you know about werewolves?"

"I am writing a story on werewolves. That's why. Nothing special."

Alexa studied her for a minute or two and then continued, "As I was saying I am the Alpha's daughter. I suppose that's why I've been taken, but I don't know why you were kidnapped. Maybe because of the story you are writing? I don't really know. Don't worry. My parents will be coming to rescue us."

If Maddy wasn't friends with Leia, she might have thought that Alexa was a spoilt girl since her parents were the leaders of the pack, but from spending time with Leia, she had learnt that being rich doesn't mean that you are spoilt. Instead, she asked, "You want to wait for your parents? I feel the two of us could take on the three werewolves if we plan carefully."

Alexa immediately grinned with a glint in her eye. "I like you already. Most humans would be cowering in the corner and waiting for their Prince Charming."

Maddy snorted at that description. "Seems like you haven't met a lot of humans."

Maddy looked around. She didn't know what time of the day it was or how long it had been since she had been kidnapped since the they were in the back of the truck and it was closed from all sides. She asked Alexa about it.