|13| Madison

Xander strode forward

Xander strode forward. "Katie, I wouldn't have expected that you would insult Maddy."

"She is a human interfering in werewolf matters. I don't see why we should waste our energy protecting her just because you want to date her or something."

The entire pack froze. Accusing Xander of something like this, could lead her to being thrown out of a pack and become a rogue. Katie too seemed to realize this as she immediately apologized.

Xander frowned. "Actually, Maddy is the one helping us. She is definitely the smartest here and she has silver immunity. We all are powerful because we are werewolves but she has been training with wolves all her life. Give her more credit."

As much as the words touched her, Maddy didn't want him to fight her battles. Maddy hated the fact that Katie thought that she only wanted to date Xander. Sure, she liked him and wouldn't mind dating him but that's not the only reason she is talking to Xander. Xander was her best friend before anything else ad nothing would change that. The way Katie was looking at her, it looked as though Maddy was a sex slave.

"Look, I thought I would introduce myself but since you don't want to be nice, I'll go. Just saying, it doesn't hurt to let go of your inner bitch and be nice once in a while," Maddy said.

Alexa whistled as the five of them walked back to Alexa's house. "Dayum girl! That was amaztastic."

Maddy wrinkled her nose. "Amaztastic?"

"Amazing plus fantastic. Get it!?"

"Sometimes, I wonder if you and Xander share a brain cell," Jeremy said shaking his head.

"Hey! Don't hate on me just because I am twice the person you'll ever be," Alexa replied, cheekily.

"Don't heed Katie's words," Jeremy said, trying to comfort Maddy.

"Yeah. She's a weirdo. She disappears once every week. No one knows where she goes. There are rumors that she either works in a fight club every week," Alexa said.

Maddy frowned. "What's so wrong about a fight club?"

"Werewolves in general aren't allowed to participate in a fight club because we have an unfair advantage and sometimes get too carried away, resulting in the death of humans."

"You shouldn't believe in such rumors," Xander scolds her.

Alexa scoffs. "Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate."

Maddy grinned. She could get used to these friends.

***

The next day at noon, when Maddy was sitting in her room, updating her story on Wattpad using a borrowed computer, when she was called for her first physical training class- 'How to Kill a Werewolf 101'. Whoever came up with the name was clearly very creative.