|40| Madison

Maddy stared at the hotel and took a deep breath

Maddy stared at the hotel and took a deep breath. This was it. They had reached the Valencia Hotel. It was a huge and fancy hotel. Whoever this boss was, he was rich just like the Alphas.

Maddy and Xander had worn normal clothes over their armors, to not attract attention. It felt uncomfortable and suffocating as hell. It looked slightly weird, but you wouldn't notice anything different at a single glance.

Maddy turned to Xander. "Can you sniff out the rogues? It will take a lot of time to knock on each and every door until we come across the matefinder. And we might alert the rogues that way or get kicked out of the hotel."

Xander nodded and started shifting.

Maddy immediately grabbed his arm. "Not now," she hissed. "You think they'll allow me in with a fricking wolf?"

"Fine, fine," Xander grumbled. "You know giving me orders is not in your best interests. I'm a dominant wolf, an extremely dominant one."

"You're going to get yourself killed by doing stupid things if I don't stop you," Maddy said, amusedly.

"Okay, okay. You are the brains and I am the brawn. I got it. Now, let's go?"

Together, the two of them started walking towards the hotel trying to act as natural as possible. Apparently, acting natural to Xander meant acting as if he was a model doing a catwalk. Maddy had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing loudly. They were supposed to be inconspicuous, but Xander was drawing a lot of attention with his damn catwalk.

"Stop it. Act natural."

"I am acting natural," Xander replied defensively.

"Then act more natural."

Xander nodded and softly started whistling while doing the catwalk. Maddy facepalmed. Leave it to Xander to do such things before a battle. Maddy didn't tell Xander to 'act more natural' as she was afraid that he would start doing weirder stuff. The two of them entered the lobby and went to the reception.

"We need a room for two," Xander said, flashing a smile at the receptionist. He was back to his normal charming and flirtatious self. He slowly wrapped an arm around Maddy's waist, careful not to touch the silver underneath her shirt. "My girlfriend and I have come to California for a vacay."

Maddy smiled at the receptionist and then kissed Xander's cheek, her lips lingering on his cheek. Two could play a game. Xander's arm tightened around her waist.

"Oh my gawd, you both are so cute together," the receptionist cooed and started ranting about the rooms that were available.

"The room on the fourth floor would be the best for a couple as adorable as you. It has a great view and is a honeymoon suite, so it already has protection if you need any," the lady said winking.