|32| Madison

Maddy stared at the pissed Alpha standing in front of her

Maddy stared at the pissed Alpha standing in front of her. Till now, she had seen the nice side of the Alpha, but having both his kids being taken had gotten him pissed. In front of the pack, he had seemed calm and collected, but right now he was prowling like a tiger in a cage. This was the side of werewolves that storybooks talked about. He was growling at everyone and had put the entire pack on lockdown. Only the presence of his mate a.k.a. Diana prevented him from running headfirst into the safehouse and slaughtering all the rogues.

The Alpha, or Justin as he wanted Maddy to call him, asked the same question that Maddy had asked Jeremy and Alexa. "Do you realize that all of you could be killed? Alexa and Jeremy, you should have informed the rest of the pack immediately."

"The pack link wasn't working. Something in the house was blocking us from contacting you," Jeremy tried to explain.

"Then you should've drove all the way here. You are lucky that Katie found you all."

"Dad you know the werewolf council. They would want to take care of the situation and that would take weeks, if not months. Instead, me, Jeremy and Katie got Xander and Maddy out perfec-"

The door slammed open. "Where's my daughter? Why isn't she here?"

Tristan came into the room glaring at the Alpha of the Amalthea Pack. The air was filled with high tension. Two Alpha in a room wasn't good, especially when one Alpha's daughter is missing.

"Tristan!" Maddy exclaimed and flung herself at him. It was such a relief to see his familiar face. Tristan's face softened when he saw Maddy and he hugged her back.

"Hey kiddo. Heard that you are getting yourself into a lot of trouble. Your mom won't like that."

"How's mom? Is she fine?" Maddy asked worried. There was no telling, maybe they had taken her mom as a bait for the Callisto Pack instead of Maddy.

"She's fine. One of my werewolves is keeping an eye on her. Now, will someone tell me why I have heard rumors that my daughter is being shipped off to India?"

"I'm afraid that's my fault," Maddy said, biting her lip. Maddy quickly updated Tristan on what had happened. Meanwhile, Diana stepped to get some snacks for everyone.

"The dark market?" Leia's dad asked, his fists clenched.

"Yeah," Maddy whispered back.

"Our first priority is to save the matefinder," Justin said. "We can then find Leia."

Immediately Tristan and Jeremy both growled. Jeremy was halfway through his shift when Justin commanded him to stay in human form. In Tristan's eyes you could see that he was having an inner dispute between being an Alpha and a father. Too many dominants in this room was not a good idea. Maddy too, didn't like the idea of saving the matefinder before Leia.

Okay, who was she kidding? The only reason she wasn't on a plane to India, was because she didn't know where to search for Leia and the fact that the werewolves were much stronger than her. She was of no use to Leia if she was dead.

Trying to diffuse the situation, Maddy squeezed the Tristan's hand. "I'll myself go to India and get Leia back if needed, but for now I think that we should focus on pinpointing the matefinder's location. If we can find the matefinder, she can tell us where to find Leia."

Tristan narrowed his eyes and spoke using his Alpha tone, "You are NOT going to India to save Leia. I can't afford losing my other daughter as well."

Maddy nearly started crying in front of all the other werewolves when Tristan called her his daughter. Even though, the pain of not having her father had dulled over the past years, it hadn't completely vanished. Her mom did the best she could and Maddy loved her for it. Even though, she was a doctor she always made sure to be there for Maddy and act as not only a mom, but as a dad as well. However, the hole still remained in Maddy's heart. It wasn't her dad's fault really. He had died when she was no more than a year old. The fact that Tristan had called her his daughter, meant the world to Maddy. Not that her mom and Tristan were in a relationship. Ew.

Maddy cleared her throat. "No offense, but I am the only one here who can survive in India. I bet none of you know how to speak Hindi. Trust me, you need to know a lot of things to survive in India like the right food to eat or else werewolf or not, you'll end up burning your tongue."

The others grumbled, but didn't disagree with her.

"Where is Bruce? If we are going to find the matefinder first, we need to do it fast," Tristan said. "All the Alphas should be present. Why isn't he here yet?"

Bruce was the Alpha of the Megaclite Pack. He was previously part of the Amalthea Pack but he left the pack and joined Megaclite Pack as he was too dominant.

Justin cleared his throat. "He had some urgent pack business to attend to which is why he had to rush back to his pack."

Maddy's eyes widened. How rich were werewolves if they could just casually just travel across the country whenever they wanted?

"Our enemy is always one step ahead of us. We need to make sure that we win the game and for that we need to keep them on their toes."

"Unless he is ballerina," Alexa interjected, solemnly.

Xander finished the sentence for his sister. "Yeah, ballerinas are strongest on their toes."

Before she could stop herself, Maddy snorted and her laughter was soon joined by the others. Only the twins could come up with something this ridiculous during a serious talk. How Xander would become the next Alpha was way over Maddy's head.

"Do we have any clue as to where the matefinder is being held? Is it a warehouse or one of their safe houses?" Tristan asked once everyone stopped laughing.

Maddy gasped as the realization hit her.

'You three will be taken to the hotel where the matefinder is kept in another week' tooth-necklace lady had said. The matefinder was being kept in a hotel and Xander and Maddy were supposed to be taken to the hotel after a week which was the very day they had escaped. To go to a hotel, you need directions and how do you get the directions to a place you don't know? You google it up.

When they had gone to tooth-necklace lady's room to get their belongings, Maddy had seen the website home page of a hotel on the lady's laptop. Maddy hadn't thought of it much but in reality, it was their biggest clue yet.

"Valencia Hotel!" Maddy exclaimed excitedly. "That's where the matefinder is being kept." 

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha