|20| Madison

Maddy and Xander were sitting on one corner of the bed, leaning on the wall and talking about everything and anything, when suddenly the door burst open

Maddy and Xander were sitting on one corner of the bed, leaning on the wall and talking about everything and anything, when suddenly the door burst open. Tooth-necklace lady strode inside the room and crooked a finger towards Maddy.

"You! Come here."

Tooth-necklace lady looked especially pissed and crazy that day. Her hair was messy and she was wearing all black. Remember what she told about tooth-necklace lady giving Bellatrix Lestrange vibes? Tooth-necklace lady's look just proved her theory correct.

"I said come here," she snarled.

When Maddy still didn't move tooth-necklace lady stomped towards them and grabbed Maddy by her hand and pulled her harshly. Maddy stumbled and got out of the bed. Now a normal person would have normally got up and stood, but being an extremely clumsy person, while getting out of the bed, Maddy tripped over her own leg and fell on the floor.

"Ow!"

Tooth-necklace lady impatiently tugged at Maddy's hand. More like tried to yank her limb out of the shoulder socket, but whatever. Maddy slowly got up and rotated her ankle. She heaved a sigh of relief when she found that her ankle was working perfectly fine. The way she had fallen, Maddy had been sure she had broken her ankle, or at least twisted it. A broken ankle would be the epitome of bad luck. Especially when she was a captive in enemy territory.

Tooth-necklace lady pulled her towards the door.

"Hold up, hold up," Maddy said as she dug her heels into the ground to put some resistance and tugged her hand out of tooth-necklace lady's grip.

"Where are you taking her?" Xander growled as he stood in front of the door like a sentinel.

Tooth-necklace lady huffed loudly. "I'm taking her to another room. Now move!"

Xander narrowed his eyes. "Only her?"

"Look, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Either you let me take her to another room or I'll have to call someone to restrain you while I drag the human to the other room," tooth-necklace lady said tapping her feet on the ground and folding her arms across her chest.

"Well, you better call your lackeys cause you aren't separating us," Xander said and folded his arms, mimicking tooth-necklace lady.

Maddy let Xander do the talking, while she examined the room, trying to figure out a way to get out of this situation. If the two of them were kept in two separate rooms, the chances of them escaping would lower down to nearly nil. The first idea that came to Maddy was to knock out tooth-necklace lady but the room was completely empty except for the wooden bed. While lifting the bed and hitting tooth-necklace lady would do the trick, Maddy doubted that Xander could do that. She definitely couldn't. Just knocking out tooth-necklace lady would not solve the problem completely. She would just come back the next day and try to drag Maddy anyway.

Before she could even come to a decision, the door knob started turning. The lackeys had come. Xander just smirked at tooth-necklace lady and leaned against the door. For a moment nothing happened and then the person on the other side started banging the door. It was then that Maddy realized that Xander was actually pushing the door back by leaning on it which was why the person on the other end couldn't open. Soon the banging stopped.

Maddy slowly crept behind tooth-necklace lady. Since she didn't have anything to knock tooth-necklace lady out with, she decided to go with the classical 'hit and hope she gets knocked out' method. The moment she came closer to tooth-necklace lady, she kicked tooth-necklace lady, or tried to anyway. At that exact moment there was a huge bang from the door, and Xander who was still leaning on the door near flew all the way to the other side of the room. Maddy gave out a small yelp at the sudden sound, and that fraction of a second was all it took for tooth-necklace lady to grab the leg that she was about to kick with, and pull it. This made Maddy fall on her butt. Once again. Even if her damn ankles made it out of this situation intact, Maddy was sure that her tailbone was bruised.

Meanwhile, Xander was facing towards the door, and using all his strength he was pushing the door. Maddy had to concentrate on not thinking about the way Xander's muscles were bulging.

Not the right time Maddy, she reminded herself.

Maddy got up and tackled tooth-necklace lady. She used her elbow to hit tooth-necklace lady's forehead. Tooth-necklace lady didn't look bothered, even though her forehead was bleeding and Maddy now had the upper hand.

"I tried not to do this, but you leave me no choice," tooth-necklace lady announced. "Either this human follows me to her room without a fight being put up by either off you, or I'll hurt Leia. Maybe gouge out her eyes, or carve something in her arm. What do you think?"

Both Maddy and Xander froze. She was definitely Bellatrix Lestrange 2.0, Maddy decided.

Tooth-necklace lady calmly got up and dusted off her clothes. "We've come to an agreement, yes? Now if you'll follow me."

Maddy locked eyes with Xander and they came to a silent agreement. Xander growled, clearly not happy with the decision and pulled the door off the hinges much to the surprise of the werewolves on the other side of the door. The scene would have been comical under different circumstances.

"We can't keep him in this room since he broke the door. Take him to the next room," tooth-necklace lady told one of the werewolves who was waiting for her command. "He won't give any trouble."

With that, tooth-necklace lady walked out of the room and Maddy trailed after her. She made sure to take a good look at the hallway. If she was going to try and escape, she will need to know where Xander was being kept.

There were numerous rooms in the hallway and they all looked eerily alike. There was no way to distinguish between them as they didn't even have door numbers. The doors were huge and sturdy, not something that she would be able to break. The doors had built in locks that needed a key to open. There was also a lock in the door knob which can only be opened from the outside Maddy remembered, thinking about the way the door clicked and the door knob turned every time tooth-necklace lady entered the room. Two locks made the job of escaping twice as hard.

Maddy carefully marked the hallways in her mind as she followed tooth-necklace lady. Soon, they came to a stop. Tooth-necklace lady opened one of the doors with a key and then twisted the door knob, proving Maddy's theory correct. The doors had two locks. The interior of the room was a carbon copy of the room from which Maddy had been forcibly taken out from. The moment she stepped in, tooth-necklace lady slammed the door and locked it shut. 

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha

 -Aroha