|25| Madison

Maddy grabbed the plastic water bottle and tore the label

Maddy grabbed the plastic water bottle and tore the label. She kept it aside and hurriedly finished her meal. A few minutes later, tooth-necklace lady came in once again to take away the bottle and plate. Thankfully, tooth-necklace didn't notice the missing label of the bottle.

Maddy stared outside the window as she watched the sun. That was the only indication as to what that the time was. She planned to escape sometime after lunch. That is, if the plan works. By the way it was going, Maddy was 90% sure that the plan wouldn't work, but she refused to give up hope. However slim the chances were, she would rather take the chance than sit in the room, waiting to be rescued.

Soon the time came for her to escape. Even though she tried to remind herself that the plan might not work, she was extremely hopeful. She had chosen that time because there was a huge gap between lunch and dinner, so if she did escape, it would take some time for the rogues to realize that she was gone which would give Maddy and Xander ample time to escape.

Once again, Maddy unlocked the first lock slowly with the carboard key. Then, she reached out for the plastic bottle label. The business card was too thick to fit in the gap between the door and door frame, but the label should be thin enough to fit in. She had thought of using the hardcover of the diary but dismissed the idea as the board was too stiff. She couldn't use the pages of the book either as they would tear. The plastic label seemed to be the perfect option.

With trembling hands, Maddy pushed the label in the gap between the door and door frame, just above the latch of the lock. She heaved a sigh of relief when the paper fit in smoothly. She slowly slid the label up and down. It took some time, but soon the door creaked open. Maddy gave a small whoop.

Excitedly she rushed back into the room. She hadn't thought that it would actually work so she hadn't got ready. She quickly took out all the items from under the bed and stuffed them in her pockets. With the diary in her hands, she snuck out.

With the help of the map, Maddy made her way to Xander's room. She was halfway there when she heard the sound of footsteps and laughter. At that point, Maddy's brain decided to freeze. She just stood there in terror for two seconds. This was the one chance she would get. If she failed, they would double up the security and take away everything that she had gathered. Maddy blinked herself out of her stupor. She cursed and looked at the map. She couldn't run in the other direction as she would most probably end up getting lost like the other day. Which meant that she had to hide somewhere nearby.

Maddy tried the handles of some of the doors nearby hoping that they would open. When none of them did, Maddy flattened herself against the wall hoping that whoever was coming would walk past her without noticing her. They were coming closer when suddenly, one of the doors near Maddy that she could have sworn was locked a moment ago, opened and a hand grabbed her. Maddy would have screamed if she wasn't scared that the scream would give away her location. Maddy was dragged into the room and the door locked behind her.

Maddy put her hand on her chest as she tried to catch her breath and figure out who the person in the room was. The figure was tall like most werewolves but Maddy couldn't make out her face. The person was wearing a hood which covered most of his/ her face. Before Maddy could even say anything, the stranger sprayed something on Maddy. Maddy eyes widened thinking that it was some kind of drug that would make her lose her consciousness. Was this stranger trying to kidnap her from her kidnappers? Maddy snorted at how ridiculous that sounded.

"You stink a lot," the stranger informed Maddy. The stranger's voice was high pitched so Maddy assumed that the stranger was a she. Her voice sounded familiar but Maddy couldn't recall who exactly.

Maddy folded her arms across her chest and glared at the girl. The stranger was sure as hell very polite to talk to. "I didn't exactly have the luxury to take a bath, you know."

"The people who kidnapped you are werewolves. They can easily follow the trail of your smell and find you," the girl continued talking as though she hadn't heard Maddy.

That stopped Maddy from arguing with the stranger. She was right. The werewolves could easily scent her. Maddy had completely forgotten about that.

"What did you spray on me?" Maddy inquired.

"Bleach. It will remove your smell."

At that moment Maddy decided that she could trust this mysterious girl. Maddy could use whatever help that she could get and this girl clearly knew a lot about werewolves and how to not get caught by them.

Mysterious girl shoved a package towards Maddy. Maddy slowly opened it to find a beautiful silver dagger which looked like it had come directly from a movie based on the medieval times. Maddy took out the dagger, inspecting it. The blade of the dagger was extremely sharp and it glinted with whatever little light was in the room. The hilt of the dagger had various intricate designs and fit perfectly into Maddy's hand.

"It's made of silver. It should easily kill a werewolf. We need to go right now. They'll be searching for you soon. We need to get Xander out and get out of here."

Maddy's head shot up at the mention of Xander. This person clearly knew things. Hell, maybe she knew Maddy itself.

"Who are you?" Maddy asked curiously.

"A werewolf."

"I meant your name."

"Never mind that. We need to get out of here first," mysterious girl replied curtly.

Maddy nodded. It was time to save the big, bad Alpha's ass.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha

 -Aroha