|12| Madison

"Move! All of you get out of the house

"Move! All of you get out of the house."

The Alpha rushed inside and ushered Maddy and the others outside.

"No one goes in there. It might be dangerous. Xander and I will shift and try to sniff and find out about whoever took the matefinder," the Alpha commanded.

The Alpha proceeded to talk to some of the pack members. Meanwhile, Xander went behind a tree to shift. Maddy watched with fascination as a midnight black wolf trotted over. Xander's wolf was huge, huger than all the other wolves she had seen and he came up to her waist. The wolf was clearly Xander, as had the same green eyes.

Before she could help herself, Maddy squealed, "You are like the cutest wolf ever!"

For a minute, silence descended over the crowd. Maddy assumed that they were shocked because she, a human had called their future Alpha 'cute.' Xander had stopped walking and he tilted his head to the side as if he was trying to figure her out. Xander's wolf had an amused expression, if that was even possible. Suddenly, laughter bubbled out from behind her. Turning, she saw that it was Alexa.

"That comment has made my day. I have heard people call Xander a lot of things. Hot? Yes. Scary? Yes. But cute? That would be a first."

Maddy grinned, not sure how to react to that comment.

The Alpha raised an eyebrow at her, smiling, but didn't tell anything. It was clear that he was holding back his laughter. Great! The two times the Alpha had been around her, she had managed to do something stupid and embarrass herself. The Alpha then went away from the crowd to shift.

Maddy knelt down on her knees and signaled Xander to come over by crooking her index finger and patted the space beside her.

"You know that Xander can still understand English even in his wolf form, right?" Leia asked Maddy with amusement.

Great! Looked like everyone was having fun at her expense. Grumbling, Maddy asked Xander to come over. He walked over to her, growled at her lightly and then started sniffing her with his nose. Maddy froze, waiting for Xander to finish.

By then the Alpha had come back. He looked at Xander and Xander froze. The way they were looking at each other seemed as though they were communicating in their own language. Maddy assumed that they were communicating via the pack bond. The Alpha cautiously, trotted over to the matefinder's house. After a minute, he came out and called to Xander. Xander nudged Maddy's legs with his snout, nodded towards her and then took off, after his dad.

Fifteen minutes later, the two of them came out and quickly went towards the trees to shift. Xander made his way towards Maddy with a smirk on his face.

"So, you finally admitted it. You think I am cute."

Maddy scowled at him. "I think I like you better in the wolf form. I called your wolf adorable, not you."