|23| Madison

Tooth-necklace lady folded her arms as she glared at Maddy

Tooth-necklace lady folded her arms as she glared at Maddy. Maddy gulped loudly. Tooth-necklace lady must have found out about the book and all the stationery items under her bed. Why else would she have come here?

Tooth-necklace lady locked the door from the inside. So that's why they made the lock in such a way that it could be locked and opened from both the outside and inside- to prevent the victim from escaping while torturing them.

"You didn't try to go to Xander's room this time. You directly tried to escape," tooth-necklace lady mused out loud.

Maddy held her breath as she waited for tooth-necklace lady to take away all the things that she had kept under her breath. When tooth-necklace didn't do that but went on blabbering about how Xander would be disappointed with her, Maddy relaxed slightly.

"So, tell me what made you change your mind, huh?" tooth-necklace lady asked.

Maddy sat on the bed quietly, racking her brain for a lie. She couldn't obviously say that she was trying to draw a map of the place. When Maddy did not respond, tooth-necklace lady sauntered towards her.

Using her fingers, she grabbed Maddy's face roughly. "A human's bones are quite soft, you know. One small squeeze and I can break your jaw."

Maddy's reflex kicked in and she kicked tooth-necklace lady. The moment tooth-necklace lady loosened her grip on her, Maddy scrambled to the other end of the bed.

"I wanted to escape and then bring the rest of the pack here. Xander can be rescued later," Maddy said, blurting out the first lie that came to her mind.

Tooth-necklace lady threw her head back and laughed. "You wanted to bring the pack here." She laughed once again.

"No one can enter this place without me knowing," she continued. "There is only one door and to enter you need a password. You think your pack knows the password?"

Maddy played along, trying to extract more information from tooth-necklace lady. Any kind of information would be useful in the future. "Whatever. I'm sure they will find some way or the other to rescue Xander."

"There is no way to enter without the password. So, you can keep dreaming, human," tooth-necklace lady spat.

Maddy glared at tooth-necklace lady. "This house is useless, stupid and old fashioned anyway," she muttered under her breath. What she forgot was that shifters had enhanced hearing skills.

"Old fashioned?" tooth-necklace lady asked raising one eyebrow in an amused way.

"You don't have any security cameras in here. That would make your work so much easier," Maddy blurted out. After finishing her sentence, she realized how stupid she had been. She was giving the very person who abducted her, ideas on how to keep a watch on her. She was such a genius.

"Technology," tooth-necklace lady sneered. "Such a waste of time and money. They are stupid pieces of junk that I don't need in my life. All I need is a little bit of magic and all the work is done. You can't jump from the windows and the doors are double locked. Even if you do escape from your room, it is always during one of the breaks. How predictable! I don't need cameras to know what you are doing."

With that, tooth-necklace lady unlocked the door and went away. Maddy rubbed her jaw with her palm. She didn't want to show tooth-necklace lady that she was hurt but Maddy had no doubt that tooth-necklace lady would have actually broken Maddy's jaw if Maddy hadn't kicked her.

She then took out the book from under her bed, relieved that tooth-necklace lady hadn't found out about it yet. She went to the page where she had been drawing the map and added whatever she found out that day.

This went on for three days. Maddy scouted the different parts of the building until she had completed the map. Now that the first part of the plan was finished, it was time to execute the second part of the plan.

During dinner time that day, Maddy got ready to knock out tooth-necklace lady once again. It was getting boring to do the same thing again and again, but it was necessary for the plan to go as planned.

Once she knocked tooth-necklace lady, instead of running away, she went to tooth-necklace and checked he pockets. When Maddy had initially knocked out tooth-necklace lady, she had taken the key from tooth-necklace lady's pockets thinking that she would be able to free herself as the door lock could be opened from the inside and outside.

However, the plan didn't go as planned as tooth-necklace lady had immediately found out that Maddy had taken the key and threatened to hurt Leia if she even tried to take the key ever again. Maddy had stopped trying to steal the key after that. She didn't want to hurt Leia.

This time though Maddy took the key even with the threat looming over her, as she was sure that tooth-necklace lady wouldn't know that the key was gone. She ran back to her room and took the diary.

The front cover of the book was a sturdy piece of cardboard, with design on one side only. Maddy carefully traced the shape of the key on the blank side of the hardcover. Once she finished the first, she made two more copies just in case something happened to the first one. She then returned the key to tooth-necklace lady's pocket and ran away. Or at least pretended to. She was soon caught and put back in her room.

Inside her room, she took out the diary. She grinned as she saw the outline of the key. Using the scissor that she got from the office, she cut out the outline that she had drawn. It took some time as every cut had to be precise, but she was soon done with it. She now had three copies of the key!

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

 -Aroha