|1| Madison

"Girl, you look hot

"Girl, you look hot. I told you blue would look fabulous on you," Leia, her best friend squealed.

Maddy bit her lower lip and looked at the mirror. A girl with wavy brown hair, piled into a bun stared back at her. Maddy sighed and tugged her dress, not sure if she agreed with her best friend. Maddy wasn't ugly to look at, but she wasn't pretty either. She looked normal, too normal.

Today, was Leia's sixteenth birthday and Leia had insisted that Maddy should wear the short blue dress that they bought last week while shopping. However, Maddy felt that the dress was over the top with its frills and laces but wore it to please the birthday girl.

Even though the party hadn't begun yet, Maddy was already at Leia's house. It had been a custom that they followed since they first became friends. Whenever it was one of their birthdays, the other one should come to the birthday girl's house early in the morning. They would spend the entire day together and just before the party they would dress up together i.e. Leia would help Maddy dress up because Maddy had no dressing sense, whatsoever.

Leia's house or rather, mansion was a fancy one, like the kind that you find in Hollywood. It was in a somewhat deserted area, cut off from the rest of the world. There were a bunch of houses surrounding Leia's house, Maddy's being one of them. There was a school a little far off where almost all the kids staying near Maddy's house went to. Maddy wasn't particularly very close to any of the kids of her age other than Leia.

"You know, you should send a picture of yourself like this to Xander," Leia said, her voice having a sly undertone to it.

Maddy whirled around to find Leia holding Maddy's phone. She immediately regretted telling Leia her phone's password. Before she could even take a step forward, Leia snapped a picture of her.

Xander was a guy she had met online. No, not on a dating app but on Wattpad, an app that she used to publish her own stories. Xander had been one of her first readers and they had become fast friends. They have been talking continuously for over five months now, and Maddy would be lying if she said that she didn't like him romantically. If his personality was anything to go by, then he was an amazing person.

"Give my phone back. Don't you dare send that to Xander," Maddy yelled, then went ahead and leaped on top of Leia, trying to get her phone back. They both fell on the bed in a tangle of legs.

"Get off me. You'll ruin both of our dresses."

"Then give my phone back."

And then they were playing a tug of war with her phone, while laughing, giggling and squealing. The door of Leia's room opened and they both froze. Leia's dad, Tristan came in to see what all the noise was about. When he saw the two of them wrestling like that, he shook his head, smiling and went away. The two of them immediately resumed fighting for the phone. After a lot of struggling Maddy managed to get her phone back. She mentally made a note to change her phone's password.