|14| Madison

Maddy made her way to Jeremy's house the next day

Maddy made her way to Jeremy's house the next day. The five of them were to meet there and from there they would go to the beach as Maddy and Leia were new to California and hadn't enjoyed any of the tourist attractions yet.

Jeremy's hose was close to the Alpha's house as he was going to most probably be the next Beta when Xander becomes the Alpha. Unlike the position of the Alpha, the position of the Beta didn't only depend on his dominance but also on how well he can coordinate with the Alpha. If the Alpha and Beta keep fighting among themselves, the entire pack becomes weak and more subject to attacks.

In the center of the territory owned by the Amalthea pack, was a huge building which had different facilities for the entire pack. Close to it was the Alpha's house with the Beta's and Jeremy's house on either side.

As Maddy entered Jeremy's house, she saw that that everyone except Leia were already there. Typical of Leia to be late. Maddy looked around the house. Jeremy lived alone as his parents died in a rogue attack a few years ago and there weren't many decorations. The house was pretty plain with only a few photographs of him and his parents. Maddy smiled thinking about how once Leia moved in, she would definitely change everything in here and make the house colorful.

"Hey Maddy. Did you know that orangutan males can be attracted to not only female orangutans but women with red hair as well?"

"Huh?" Maddy asked stupidly. She wasn't sure what to do with that random fact told by Alexa.

"Just ignore her. Alexa has verbal diarrhea. She can't stay quiet for more than two seconds," Jeremy said.

"Don't mind Jeremy. He is just jealous of my amaztasticness."

Jeremy threw his hands up in the air. "I give up. I can no longer comprehend your stupidity."

Xander snickered and sided with Jeremy. "Now you see what I have to deal with every single day."

"What you have to deal with? You are the one who stapled your own fingers, not once but twice! That's how dumb you are." Alexa said.

"Yeah right. While we are in the topic of staplers, you are the one tried to eat one!"

"Maddy, back me up," Alexa shouted.

"Hell to the no. You were my best friend before Alexa's. You are choosing my side."

Maddy raised her eyebrow with amusement. "Well, to be honest, I think you both are equally dumb."

"Traitor!" both of them cried out.

"Honestly, why do I even hang out with you guys?" Jeremy groaned.

"Hey guys! What's going on?" a clueless Leia asked as she walked into Jeremy's house.

Immediately Xander and Alexa pounced on her, asking who is the stupider one of the two. Leia glanced at Maddy, like a deer caught in headlights.

"I-"

"You better side with me. Your mate is my best friend," Xander said.

"No way! Sisters before misters," Alex countered.

Leia huffed with annoyance. "You both are acting like five-year olds. If you both behave like this, we will have to leave you both here and go."

That made the twins shut up.

"How did you do that?" Jeremy asked, wide eyed. Even Maddy was surprised. The two wouldn't shut up but one sentence from Leia and then they were as silent as a grave.

"If they are going to behave like five-year olds, Imma treat them like one," Leia replied shrugging. Both Alexa and Xander scowled.

Jeremy looked at her with awe. "Have I told you that you are amazing?"

He kissed Leia on her lips, his arms encircling her waist and pulling her closer.

"No PDA allowed in this trip," Maddy said firmly and pushed them apart.

They went to the car and had just gotten into the car when Xander just had to open his damn mouth.

"But I am the better twin, right?"

The three of them groaned loudly while Alexa and Xander continued to bicker for the rest of the journey.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha