|28| Madison

"You're welcome," Katie scoffed from the shotgun

"You're welcome," Katie scoffed from the shotgun. It was then that Maddy realized that mysterious girl was Katie. No wonder mysterious girl was so rude.

Xander, who was sitting in the driving seat of the car pressed his lips together trying not to smile. Xander started the car and took a turn, stopping near a window of the house. Alexa climbed out of the window, followed by Jeremy who struggled a bit because of his huge body frame. They moment they sat down, the car squealed and took off.

"Did you see the firecrackers and stink bombs?" Alexa asked excitedly. "It worked so well. I wish we could stay to see the look on their faces once they find out that it was only crackers."

Unlike Alexa, Jeremy was in a bad mood. His entire body was stiff and he was staring outside the window, deep in thought. Gone was the guy who continuously argued with Alexa, and in his place was a serious guy who hardly talked. Maddy understood how he felt. She would probably be like that too if she lost half her soul. Even among the five of them, Leia was probably the closest to Maddy and Jeremy. Not knowing where exactly Leia was, was terrifying. Leia was probably halfway across the world, being sold to some creep and they couldn't do anything about it.

Maddy couldn't help feel like it was her fault. If she hadn't foolishly followed the black wolf, they wouldn't haave been caught and Leia would have been there with them. Maddy pushed that thought away. Now was not the time for self-pity.

Maddy turned to Jeremy. "Do you want a hug?"

On seeing Jeremy's confused expression, she explained, "A hug can make a person feel better. So, do you want a hug?"

Jeremy was silent for a second and then nodded and before she could even do anything, he crushed her in a hug. This was the second time that day, that her breath was being cut off just because of a hug. Why do werewolves need to be so huge?

Once they parted, Maddy assured him. "I know you are angry that Leia's not here but we are going to get her back."

Jeremy nodded and went back to staring out of the window

"How did you get inside the house?" Xander asked. The only way to get in was through the front door, which needed a password.

Alexa shrugged and turned to Katie. Katie shifted uncomfortably. Hesitantly, she started telling the story from the start.

"Well... You see I actually am in a relationship with a rogue. I meet him once every week and-"

"So, you don't work at a fight club?" Alexa interjected.

"Huh?" Katie asked, confused.

"Never mind. Continue the story."

"He usually sends me a note saying where and when to meet him. So, a few days ago he told me to meet him a few miles away from here. He was acting suspicious, so I thought he was cheating on me and I followed him all the way here. I caught Alexa and Jeremy's scent. Since the five of you didn't come back everyone thinks that you five were kidnapped. I thought that all five of you were kidnapped and kept here but I found Alexa and Jeremy outside, trying to crack the password. They filled me in on what and all is happening.

I thought of a way to get in. I called my boyfriend and told him that I knew that he was cheating on me. He denied it but I told him that I followed him in here and knew that he was spending time with some girl in her house. He took me inside the house to show that it was just a place where rogues took shelter. He didn't know that I knew that the safehouse was where you were being kept. I made a note of what the password was and told it to Alexa and Jeremy. After that we went out and got the firecrackers and stink bombs and then got inside. You know the rest."

Maddy wanted to ask her about why she hated Maddy so much if she was herself in a relationship with someone who wasn't her mate, but she kept that thought to herself. Even though Katie was a bitch, Maddy was still grateful that Katie had helped.

Maddy took out the book that she had found in tooth-necklace lady's room and started going through it. The notes were written in some weird language. At first, she thought that it was some sort of a werewolf language but when she asked the others, they didn't recognize the language either.

Maddy flipped through the pages, seeing if she could make sense of it when a symbol caught her eye. Maddy quickly took out he dagger and compared it with the book. The carvings on the hilt of the dagger which Maddy thought were designs, were actually the alphabets of some language and matched with those in the book!

"Where did you get the silver dagger from?" Maddy whispered not wanting to wake up Jeremy who had fallen asleep with his head leaning on the window.

"The matefinder gave it to me with a note saying that I shouldn't tell anyone about it and that I should take it with me when I meet my boyfriend during the third week of June. I took it when I met him and after I followed him to the safehouse and realized you were being held there; it didn't take a genius to know that you were the only who can wield a weapon like a silver dagger."

"Did the matefinder tell you where she found the dagger?"

Katie shook her head. Dammit! It was another mystery that she would have to figure out after they rescued Leia and the matefinder. She filed it away for later.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha