|35| Madison

Maddy could barely keep her eyes open the next day

Maddy could barely keep her eyes open the next day. She couldn't fall asleep yesterday for some reason. The entire time she felt restless, unable to shut down all her thoughts. She kept twisting and turning throughout the entire night. This has never happened before. Maddy was never the kind of person to fall asleep as soon as she hit the bed, but she usually fell asleep in the first hour or so. She had stayed up all night, and sharp at midnight, a chorus of howls started, giving her goosebumps.

She wanted to go out so badly. Something told her that she should go out during the full moon. For a minute, Maddy actually considered going out but then realized how foolish she was acting. There was no way she could defend herself if any of the wolves attacked her without hurting them. Maddy loved her sleep and the fact that she didn't get any, made her extremely grumpy and grouchy.

The werewolves on the other hand seemed rejuvenated after yesterday in spite the fact that none of them had slept that night.

"Maddy!" Alexa called to her from the other end of the room where breakfast was being served. The room was like a massive cafeteria where all meals were served to the entire pack. The room was situated in the club house.

Maddy yawned and slowly made her way to where Alexa and Jeremy were sitting. Even Jeremy seemed to be more cheerful than usual and that's saying something. It seemed like all the werewolves seemed to be high on moonlight or whatever made them so cheerful.

"You know, today Elijah is going to go and scout the safehouse. And then half of the Callisto Pack is going to arrive in three days and if you are right, we will be attacking the hotel in another week!" Alexa blabbered.

"Oh, wait. You wouldn't know because you snuck out of the meeting with Xander! Give me the details, gurl," Alexa said, cheerful as ever.

On second thought, she added, "Never mind. I don't need the details. For a minute I forgot that he was my twin. Ew."

Alexa didn't mind holding the conversation all by herself, so Maddy didn't bother replying to the hundreds of questions Alexa was asking.

"Alexa, you realize that both Maddy and Jeremy aren't listening to you, right?" A deep voice interrupted Alexa's rambling. Maddy didn't need to turn to know that the voice belonged to Xander. Alexa stuck her tongue out at him as he sat down across Maddy. Maddy smiled at him wearily. Xander smiled back at her, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. Maddy wondered what happened but didn't want to pry too much, so she left it.

"Xander, come with me to the office," Justin's said sternly a few minutes after Xander had sat down.

The entire cafeteria became silent. Xander, Alexa and Jeremy winced. With a sigh, Xander got up and followed his dad.

"What happened?" Maddy asked, her curiosity getting the best of her. By the way all the pack members were staring at Xander's retreating figure, everyone seemed to know why Justin was pissed at Xander.