|16| Madison

Maddy breathed in and out, trying to calm her nerves

Maddy breathed in and out, trying to calm her nerves. It wouldn't help if she started panicking. This was the second time someone was trying to kidnap her. Couldn't a girl catch a break?

She was at a huge disadvantage. There were five people in the room, who were all tall and huge while Maddy didn't have a single weapon and she was still a little woozy from almost drowning. It wasn't that she was defenseless, she knew martial arts and could take on one or maybe even two of the guys in the room, but she couldn't take on five guys. She'll be knocked out in two seconds flat. Instead, she focused on letting the others know that she had been here. She knew that the others would come searching for her. If she could manage to distract the five guys who were staring maliciously at her, that would give them more time to find her.

"Why are you guys after me? I am just a human."

The black wolf growled at her and started walking towards her. It was the same wolf Maddy had stabbed in the eye with her heels and it looked like the wolf had come back for vengeance. Gulping, Maddy slowly started retreating. Leia had earlier told her that shifters can smell fear. So, there was no point in trying to hide her fear. Instead, Maddy tried to use her fear to her advantage. Maddy slowly started trying to form a plan to keep them talking.

Maddy acted as if she tripped on something and landed on her butt. One of the guys rolled his eyes and walked over and stood in front of her.

"Get up."

Maddy whimpered, hoping that it sounded believable and with a feeble voice said, "I can't. I think I twisted my leg."

The man in front of her sneered. "Pathetic human. You think this trick will work again?"

Oh crap. They weren't going to be tricked with that strategy. Maddy got up and ran towards the guy who was guarding the door.

Using all the strength and speed that she had, Maddy kicked him. He was slightly taller than her but not too much and her foot connected with his nose and a loud crunch could be heard. Maddy silently thanked Jeremy, Xander, Alexa and Leia. Without their training Maddy would have been mashed potatoes by now.

The man cried out, holding his nose. Without wasting any time, she ran towards the door. She turned the handle of the door and luckily it wasn't locked, only closed tightly. While entering the room she had been following the wolf, but without the wolf she had no idea where the exit was. No wonder why they hadn't locked the door. They knew that she wouldn't know the way out. She heard the crunch of bones cracking and knew that they were shifting as their wolf would be faster.

Maddy chose a random hallway and started running. She ran blindly, trying to put some distance between her and the wolves. However, it wasn't long before they found her. She soon ran out of luck and found herself at a dead-end. On turning she found six wolves around her including the black wolf. The only exit was the window. Maddy quickly opened the window and got up to jump. She would rather be crushed because of gravity than be eaten up by wolves. Maddy tried to jump, she really did, but it seemed as though her legs were stuck there. Maddy turned to the wolves in confusion.