|19| Madison

Maddy stared at the new room that they were brought into

Maddy stared at the new room that they were brought into. It had one decent bed, big enough for the three of them to sleep and that's all Maddy cared about. It had been late at night when tooth-necklace lady had come along with a bunch of lackeys and taken the three of them to a new room. Now that the adrenaline had worn off, Maddy was dead on her feet.

"You should go to sleep. You look like zombie. I'll take the first watch," Xander said to Maddy.

Mumbling a goodnight Maddy hit the bed and fell into a deep slumber.

Maddy woke up, blinking slowly and groaned. She had been hoping that this was some kind of a bad dream, but clearly that wasn't the case. She sat up, trying to see through the darkness. She turned around to see that Xander was curled up with his knees tucked under his chin. Chuckling at how the Alpha was sleeping like a small baby, she got up. Leia wasn't sleeping, so Maddy assumed that Leia was watching over them. There was no point in going back to sleep as she would be soon watching over while Xander and Leia slept.

"Leia, you there?"

Maddy waited for a response but when she heard nothing, she called out again louder. By then her eyes still had adjusted to the darkness yet there was no sign of Leia. Where the hell had Leia gone? It was one thing to be kidnapped, but an entirely different thing to know that your best friend might be in danger. She scrambled to wake up Xander.

"Go away. I wanna sleep," he mumbled.

If it had been any other situation, she would have laughed and teased him but now all that she could think about was the different things they might be doing to Leia. Especially after what they had told about selling Leia to the dark market, Maddy was afraid of what might have happened to her.

"Xander." she hissed, shaking him furiously.

Xander woke up with a start, almost punching Maddy's head off.

"Don't. Ever. Wake. Me. Up. Like that," he growled once he realized that it was Maddy. Maddy shivered at his sleepy voice. It was deeper than usual and when you growled like that...

'Not the right time Maddy,' she reminded herself.

"It's Leia. She isn't here," Maddy said.

Xander growled and narrowed his eyes, glaring at the wall for some time.

"I can't even reach Jeremy. Considering that Leia and Jeremy are mates, they should be able to mind link each other even if they are not part of the same pack but there's something that's preventing me from reaching out to anyone through my mind," he growled out.

"It must be whatever magic that they used to charm the house. What do we do?" Maddy whispered.

"We wait."

All the shock since discovering about werewolves was catching up to her and Maddy sat down on the bed, clutching her head. Maybe finding out about werewolves wasn't so nice, after all.

In story books, the characters always found a way out, but right now, she felt helpless. All the werewolves were stronger than her and every time she passed one obstacle, five others came knocking on her door. Even if Maddy and Xander got out of here, there was no way of knowing where Leia was not to mention the hundreds of rogues who seemed to hate her even though she hadn't done anything. Maddy quickly wiped the single tear that escaped, not wanting to seem weak.

Xander sat down on the floor in front of where she was sitting, looking up towards her "Hey, everything's going to be fine."

"I am fine."

"It's completely normal to feel overwhelmed. I'm kind of surprised that you were able to hold it in for so long. Sometimes, being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall."

"I am fine," Maddy said louder, emphasizing on the word fine.

"Okay. I'll always be there for you, whenever you want to talk to me."

After two seconds he added, "Though I wish I was one of your tears. So that I could be born in your eyes, run down your cheeks and die on your lips."

A small laugh escaped Maddy's lips. "You just couldn't resist, could you?"

"Nope."

Maddy and Xander spent the rest of the night talking, both of them not able to fall asleep. Xander told Maddy about how Leia had become one of Xander, Jeremy and Alexa's best friend years ago when the alpha of the Callisto Pack had come along with his family and their adventures together and in turn, Maddy told Xander about the different things Leia and Maddy had done together as best friends. By the time it was morning, the both of them had sore throats because of the amount of talking they did. They were interrupted by the creak of the door indicating that the door was going to open.

Tooth-necklace lady came in and placed two dishes with some food for breakfast. Maddy snarled when she saw the two plates. The lady had known that Leia wouldn't be there. Maddy lost her temper and tried to jump at the lady but was stopped by two strong arms wrapping around her waist.

Maddy growled at Xander. "Let me go."

"Calm down. There is no use in hurling yourself at her like that," Xander whispered, his mouth near her ear, sending shivers up her spine.

Xander slowly released but Maddy continued glaring at the lady.

Tooth-necklace lady only seemed amused by this. "Don't worry about your other friend. I've taken care of her. A few more days, and she'll be shipped off to India."

Maddy clenched her fists and closed her eyes, counting to ten. That lady was seriously testing her patience.

Once the tooth-necklace lady went away, Maddy turned to Xander.

"Once we escape, we'll immediately go to India."

"It won't be that easy," he warned. "We need to make arrangements for staying there. Besides, India is a huge country. It will take some time to pinpoint her location."

Maddy waved her hand, dismissively. "My dad was Indian. I'm sure mom can help us with the arrangements."

Xander raised his eyebrow. "You are half-Indian?"

"You've got a problem with that?" Maddy asked.

"Not at all. I just wanted to ask, are you a jalebi? Because there is nothing sweeter than you."

Maddy groaned.

"I've been waiting forever to use that one," Xander said excitedly. "Another one coming up. Girl, you are so hot that you put the desi in desirable."

Maddy reached out and smacked him on the head. "I regret telling you about me being Indian."

Xander pouted. "But I am your best friend."

"I am regretting that decision as well," Maddy said, poking Xander's stomach which made Xander jump two feet high.

"Hey!" 

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha