|7| Madison

By the time Maddy reached the headquarters of the Amalthea Pack, she was giddy with excitement

By the time Maddy reached the headquarters of the Amalthea Pack, she was giddy with excitement. She was travelling with a pack of werewolves! As soon as the car stopped, Maddy hopped out. The car had been stopped a little far away from the buildings as it was a forested area and the road was too narrow for the car to go through.

The five of them were walking when Maddy spoke up. "So, hypothetically if I were to get bitten by a werewolf, would I get turned into a werewolf?"

Leia frowned at her, knowing very well what Maddy was trying to do. "Maddy get that idea out of your head."

"If you get bitten, there is a 99% chance that you'll turn into a werewolf," Xander piped up.

"Xander! Don't give Maddy any ideas," Leia scolded.

Maddy recalled how one of the werewolves had torn a chunk of flesh from her shoulder and how it had healed in a day.

"That won't be needed," Maddy said grinning. "One of the kidnappers already bit me. I am turning into a werewolf!"

With that Maddy whooped out aloud, much to the amusement of the werewolves.

"You know, most humans don't usually want to be werewolves. The normal reaction is to run away," Jeremy drawled amusedly.

"You don't know her Jer."

Maddy wrinkled her nose at the nickname Leia had for her mate. It was weird. One moment she is living a completely normal life and the next, she has escaped from her kidnappers, surrounded by werewolves and is watching her best friend flirt with a guy Maddy was introduced to minutes ago.

"She is the weirdest human I have ever met," Leia continued. "Once she called me up at two in the morning. Like a normal person, I freaked out. I thought that something bad had happened to her. And guess why she had called? She had just gotten an amazing idea for her book and wanted to share it with me in case she forgot it in the morning!"

Xander, Alexa and Jeremy burst out laughing. Maddy scowled and shoved Leia.

"It was an amazing idea and you know it!"

"You woke me up at 3 in the morning! Why the hell were you even up at that time?"

Maddy being the extremely mature one, stuck her tongue out at Leia.

Their conversation was interrupted by the clearing of the throat. Immediately the four werewolves sobered up. Maddy looked up from her feet to find a tall man standing in front of them. His gaze flitted over everyone until it froze on her.

Maddy gulped, her eyes widening. The man oozed raw power. The way he held himself with his back stiff, showed that he was used to being obeyed. Maddy had no doubt that he could crush her in the fraction of a second without a second thought. Maddy knew that he was the Alpha. No one could look that authoritative without being an Alpha.

"Quit it dad," a voice spoke from behind.

Maddy whipped her head to find Xander glaring back at his father. She had completely forgotten that the Alpha was Xander and Alexa's father. He was the total opposite of Xander and Alexa's mother.

"As the Alpha, it is my job to make sure that my pack remains safe."

Jeremy shot her a sympathetic gaze. "Don't worry. He was purposely using all his Alpha powers. He usually isn't like that. Ever since Alexa was taken, he has been more tense," he whispered to Maddy.

"Maddy won't hurt the pack. In fact, she helped me escape. Without her I might not have escaped," Alexa piped up.

"Besides," Maddy said because she just couldn't keep her enthusiasm quiet any longer. She was meeting an Alpha for goodness sake! There was no way she could even try and stay quiet.

"I would never hurt any werewolves. They are like the coolest creatures ever!"

This earned a earned a snort from Leia and a confused look from the Alpha. Leia strode forward with her chin high up and coolly met the Alpha's gaze.

"Your Alpha power will not work on me. I might not be very dominant, but I am used to being in the receiving end of Alpha powers. Maddy has the protection of the Callisto Pack. Even though she might not be a werewolf, she has earned our trust."

Maddy blinked her eyes twice to make sure that Leia was the one who was talking. Even though she was a social butterfly, Leia never liked to take leadership. She always said that it was too much of responsibility. She would rather do whatever she wants to do without thinking of its consequence. Maddy on the other hand, usually took charge (Cause Maddy was a perfectionist and she hated it when people didn't do their jobs right) even though she wasn't that social. That was why they worked so well as a team. But right now, Leia was behaving like a total leader.

The Alpha nods and focuses his gaze on Alexa. "You said she helped you escape. Are you sure she is not some sort of a spy?"

Alexa shook her head. "There is no way she is a spy. She just punched one of the guys with a silver ring. Even I felt pity for him."

"In that case," the Alpha said looking at Maddy. He suddenly broke into a smile. "Welcome to the Amalthea Pack. I'm sorry for the cold behavior but the safety of my pack comes first."

Maddy nodded. She could understand that.

"You'll need to stay here until we figure out who is behind all this as you might have some valuable information. Meanwhile, Xander can give you a tour of the Amalthea Pack headquarters," the Alpha says.

Xander nods and grabs Maddy's left hand. "Come on."

"Hold on, hold on. Why can't I give her a tour?" Leia demands.

"You just arrived here a few days ago while I have been here my whole life," Xander reasoned.

"I know this place perfectly fine. I need to catch up with my bestie and a walk is the perfect way to catch up."

"I am her best friend too, you know?" Xander challenges.

Meanwhile, the Alpha was watching the entire scene unfold with amusement. Not sure what to do, Maddy shot him a sheepish smile.

Leia grabbed Maddy's right hand and started pulling her towards a building. Xander scowled and let go of Maddy's hand.

Just as they were about to go out of earshot, Leia turned and smirked at Xander. "Besides," she hollered at him. "Maddy likes me way more, anyway."

With that Leia broke into a run with Maddy following her.

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha