|27| Madison

Mysterious girl was leading them through corridors when Maddy remembered that all things that they had been carrying had been taken away

Mysterious girl was leading them through corridors when Maddy remembered that all things that they had been carrying had been taken away. She told it to mysterious girl who looked at her watch and then nodded towards Maddy.

"We have time to get them back. Where are they kept?"

"Probably in tooth-necklace lady's room. We-"

Maddy was interrupted by Xander snorting. "Tooth-necklace lady?"

"The insane girl," Maddy explained.

Mysterious girl nodded and started walking once again. Whenever Maddy had tried to escape previously, she had been too focused on escaping so she hadn't tried to get their belongings. This time however, they had outside help which gave them some advantage, however small it was. Mysterious girl seemed to know exactly where everything was, so Maddy and Xander followed her. Soon, they reached a huge black door. Mysterious girl turned the handle and the door opened silently. The room was huge and the walls were dark colored. It had a king size bed and fancy and creepy decorations. Definitely tooth-necklace lady's room. All their things were piled up on the girls' table along with a laptop which had a website of some Valencia Hotel open.

'Who knew that crazy ladies took vacations as well?' Maddy thought.

She scanned the room trying to see if there was anything that was important while Xander picked up all the belongings from the table except the silver fork and dumped them in a bag that he found in the room. Finding some books in the room Maddy put them in the bag as well, in case they had some information along with the silver fork.

They quietly made their way to living room of the house which was just in front of the front doors. It was bustling with people doing some or the other activity. There was no way to escape this place without alerting all of them. However, mysterious girl didn't seem to be bothered. She just stared at her watch as if waiting for some auspicious time to try escape.

When Xander asked her what she was waiting for, she muttered something about distraction in a minute, staring at the west wing of the house. A minute later, extremely loud and weird noises started coming from the west wing. Maddy covered her ears and watched as all the people in the main room got scared and were running here and there as they didn't know what was making such noises. As werewolves, they had super hearing which made the sounds louder. Mysterious lady handed some cotton to put in their ears also a mask.

At first Maddy didn't realize what the mask was for. No sooner had she put the mask than a stink bomb was thrown into the living room. Even through the mask Maddy could slightly smell the horrible odor. With their enhanced smelling and hearing abilities, the rogues must be going through torture. Simple, but effective. The three of them slipped in through the commotion and almost made their way out but then someone spotted them.

"It's the prisoners! They are escaping. Get them."

Luckily, because of the commotion most of the people were distracted. Seven wolves started coming towards them. Xander and mystery girl immediately shifted while Maddy waved the dagger.

"Anyone who takes another step will only get stabbed by a silver dagger. And trust me, it's not a nice feeling." Either the wolves didn't understand what she said or they were extremely dumb, for they started coming towards the three of them.

Xander jumped on top of one wolf and quickly finished him by biting at his neck. Maddy pointedly didn't look at the body and rushed towards one of the wolves, concentrating on knocking him out rather than killing him. From the corner of her eyes, she saw mysterious girl charge a werewolf headfirst.

As the wolf pounced on Maddy, Maddy side stepped the wolf and hit the hilt of the dagger to the throat of the wolf. Jeremy had told her that the weakest part of the wolf was its neck and stomach. The wolf fell down, whimpering as its neck started blistering. It seemed to finally get some sense as it left Maddy and started running away. Maddy turned to see a wolf rush towards Xander, who had his back turned away from the wolf. The way the wolf was charging towards Xander, Maddy was sure that the wolf would kill him. Without thinking, Maddy threw the dagger at the wolf. The dagger soared in the air, twirling twice before stabbing the neck of the wolf who was in the middle of his jump towards an unsuspecting Xander. The wolf fell down on the floor and went limp, the blood gushing out from its neck.

Maddy froze as everything around her stopped moving. She had just killed someone. Maddy stared at her hands, wondering how she had done something like that. Until now, she had never used a dagger. How had she thrown the dagger with so much of precision if she had never trained with it until today? She had just killed someone. She was a murderer. Even though it had been to save someone, it was still a horrifying thing to do.

Someone tugged at her arm, forcing her to walk. She was brought closer to the wolf who she had killed. Trying not to retch, Maddy slowly took out the dagger that had embedded itself onto the wolf's flesh. After being dragged for some more time she was made to sit down somewhere. People were talking to her but everything felt as if it had faded into the background. She was brought back to the real world by someone slapping her hard. Maddy blinked rapidly as she rubbed the cheek where she had been slapped, her cheek still stinging. Maddy glared at the person who slapped her, but her anger gave way to surprise once she realized who it was.

"Katie? What the hell are you doing here?"

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

 -Aroha