|11| Third Person POV

The man growled loudly

The man growled loudly. He had given the rogues one task to do. One! All they had to do was get that human girl and the werewolf. A five versus two fight. The rogues should have easily overpowered them, but no. They had lost to a human. A human! Clearly, the girl was smarter than he had expected.

"Dad!" The man's daughter called out.

The man walked over to his daughter and hugged her. She was the only reminder he had of her- his mate, his lover. But they had snatched her from him. Every single day he stayed up, late at night thinking about how things would have been different had he been there to save her.

*flashback starts*

A couple sat by the side of the lake, their legs dangling and skimming the surface of the lake. It didn't take a genius to know that they were in love. The man placed his hand on the woman's hand.

"Join my pack," he pleaded. "You can't stay as a rogue forever. When they find out about us, they will kill you. We have a daughter. At least do it for her."

The girl shook her head and smiled sadly. "You know I can't do that, love. I hate being part of a pack. Some werewolves are destined to be rogues and you can't change destiny."

The two were interrupted by the sound of footsteps and shouts.

"Get the rogue!"

The man whirled around wide eyed. He scanned the area around the lake and found several members of his pack running towards the lake. He turned to his mate.

"Run!" he hissed at her.

The woman nodded and started running away. He started running towards the pack members to dissuade them from hunting the rogue. He managed to convince them that there wasn't any rogue in the pack territory, or so he thought.

*flashback stops*

The man blinked the memory away. Now was not the time to think about the past, it was time to conquer the present.

The rogues he had sent got themselves caught by the Amalthea Pack. However, the man didn't fear being exposed by the werewolves who were caught. Firstly, because the werewolves he had employed, themselves didn't know who he exactly was and secondly, because they were too afraid of him. Even death would be a relief as compared to what he would do if they ratted him out.

He had planned everything to perfection. He knew that the human would go to Leia's party and that the Callisto pack's guard would be down. He knew that Alexa, the girl werewolf would be skipping her classes and going to that coffee shop. He had planned everything, yet these buffoons managed to mess it up. He would have gone himself and done the job had he not been afraid of being recognized.

At that moment, someone knocked on the door. Another one of his lackeys entered the room. The servant whispered something into the man's ear and the man grinned. Finally, something had gone according to plan!

The man entered the room where he had instructed some of his werewolves to dump the matefinder after kidnapping her. She was lying on the floor, unconscious. Beside her, was a small pile of scrolls and by the way they looked, it seemed that they were extremely ancient. He started reading some of them while he was waiting for the matefinder to wake up.

Even after he had finished reading all the scrolls, the matefinder hadn't woken up. The man closed his eyes and started thinking of a plan. The scrolls held a vast amount of knowledge. Knowledge that would help him attain his goals. He could almost smell his victory. The shrill sound of his cellphone, snapped him out of his daydream. The sound woke up the matefinder and she sat up, blinking. Looking at the caller's id, he knew that the call was important. Deciding to talk to the matefinder later, he picked up the call.

After finishing he call, he returned his attention to the matefinder. The guy on the other end of the cellphone had informed him that the Megaclite Pack knew about the kidnapping as well. It didn't matter. The Megaclite Pack would be easy to take over. It was the Callisto Pack and Amalthea Pack that he was worried about.

"What did you see in my future?" he asked the matefinder.

She didn't say anything.

The man growled and grabbed the matefinder by her shoulders and brought her closer to his face. The matefinder was beautiful, but not his type. He glared at her and repeated his question, putting in all the authority he could muster.

"I asked, what did you see in my future?"

Still no answer. Growling, he slapped the woman. Hard.

"Answer me."

"The future is not meant to be told," she rasped.

"Do you think I care? Tell me. You must have seen what happens to you if you don't tell me. I don't think the consequences are pretty."

She smiled as if the conversation amused her. "I can't tell you much, but I can tell you this- you'll be killed by either the human you tried to kidnap or Xander, the future alpha of the Amalthea Pack. I can't tell you which one and you can't get it out of me."

The man threw the matefinder on the floor and went out of the room, locking the door. This information wasn't good. He would have to switch the plans and kill the human and Xander first. Xander would most likely be the one to kill him. Xander was powerful and dominant. He wasn't too worried about the human, but he would have to kill her too. He couldn't take any chances. With that in mind the man ordered his people to start preparing for the next attack. 

Make sure to vote, comment and share this story. -Aroha 

  -Aroha