𝐕𝐈

Omniscient
December 17th
California: Sacramento

"They're my parents! And I don't even get a fucking invitation to their funeral? I'm not even written in their will!" Dia shouted while pacing around her living room angrily as Nae sat on the couch watching her.

Her parents funeral was held the previous day, Calvin went but Dia didn't because she wasn't invited. And it wasn't on accident, Calvin asked about it, and he was told Dia couldn't step foot near their funeral. Which hurt Dia and also pissed her off to the max because she was their only child. And was being shunned because of them, even from the grave.

The entire family acted as if she didn't exist,it wasn't right. It made Dia feel sick to her stomach that she even cared so much. They hated her, she should just return the same energy.

"Calm down D, breathe." Naomi stood up in front of her, grabbing her shoulders. Dia's breathing was fast but Nae was guiding her to take some deep breaths to control her breathing before she hyperventilated. And a few moments later, Dia was fine, she was back to breathing normally.

"I'm sorry." Dia said and closed her eyes to stop tears from falling, "It just hurts. They're- theyre gone." she mumbled "And I know that they disowned me but I still love them. I can't believe they're gone. I didn't say goodbye, I hadn't talked to them in years, they didn't even get to meet DJ." she rambled on and on

"I know Dia, it's gonna be okay." Naomi comforted, "I understand you being upset but you have to remember they disowned you. They didn't help out when you were kidnapped and being tortured. And clearly told the entire family to disown you as well. Dia your parents ain't shit. You shouldn't shed tears over them." she said simply

Dia nodded, knowing Naomi was right, "I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. It hurts. They were my parents. Regardless of how they felt about me I'd never wish death on them. Especially not murder. They- they suffered." she said painfully.

Calvin didn't give much information about how they died, because he really only knew that her mother was strangled to death and her father was shot in the head. He heard the killer was caught because of the security cameras in their home, but he didn't know who exactly the killer was. And Calvin honestly didn't care too much to find out, but was doing research anyway so Dia could have some type of closure.

"My mom taught me how to do everything from makeup to hair to the way I dress." Dia vented while staring off into space,  "My dad was my protector, he loved me so much. He always spoiled me, no matter how much of a brat I acted like. He- he was my best friend."

Dia held her head down as her voice cracked a little and sniffed lightly,  "And I just wish I could go back to those simpler times. I'm so grateful for my experiences in Compton because they're the reason DJ is here, but everything was so much more simple when I was a teenager with my fake ass Beverly Hills friends and my dad's black card at the mall." she chuckled

Nae nodded in agreement, "I feel you. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the old shit too, they were simpler times." she mumbled

Dia stared at Naomi's longing face knowing exactly what she meant. She missed Demetrius. Of all the times she hung out with Naomi, Nae would have moments where she zoned out thinking about him. They were always small and short grieving moments and seeing it made Dia feel bad because there was no reason for it.