𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

Omniscient
August 28th
California: Los Angeles

DJ shifted uncomfortably in bed, tossing and turning, trying desperately to fall asleep. That's how he had been for the past 5 days. After hearing the news about his mother's death, he could barely bring himself to sleep. He took medication for his cancer still, so his body was tired, everything about him was tired, but everytime he shut his eyes, he saw her face. And it broke his heart, the mood to sleep leaving his body, and a wave of sadness hitting instead. DJ cried every night, and not just about Dia, but feeling utterly alone, considering his father wasn't a very good support system through his time of grief.

"Stop crying and suck that shit up. She gone, ain't nothing we can do about it now, it'll be alright." in the past 5 days, those were the only words Demetrius communicated to him regarding Dia's death. After that, no other discussions were held between them about Dia. Not wanting to disappoint him, DJ did as told, and sucked it up whenever Demetrius was around. That didn't mean he didn't shed a few tears in secret, or when he was being babysat by Naomi or Calvin every now and then.

Demetrius was too caught up in his own wonderland, praising himself for his successful killings that he barely noticed DJ anyway. He didn't notice his red puffy eyes, he didn't notice the fact that DJ was quiet and distant nowadays because he was sad, he didn't notice how much they were growing apart as father and son because he was drifting away from DJ, he just didn't. Being in the psychotic mental state he was in, he had no regard or care for anyone else's feelings, even his own son. It made DJ sad to see how much his father had changed in the snap of a finger. He didn't like it one bit, and he wanted Dia back immediately.

DJ puffed his cheeks, letting out a huff, and sat up in his bed, looking into the darkness with a deep frown. Usually when he couldn't sleep, he just painted until he fell asleep in his chair, which is what he was going to do. However, to his surprise, light flooded in the room as someone slowly opened his bedroom door. DJ gasped a little and fell back onto his bed, placing the covers over his head.

It was true, that any monster or intruder could simply rip the covers right off, but the motion made him feel safe. So, he stayed that way. He could feel the presence of someone as they got closer and closer to his bed. He couldn't see, but he could tell they were walking slowly, his tiny heart began pounding relentlessly.

A few moments later, he felt a hand on his arm and immediately let out a scream. The intruder gasped, ripping the covers off, they placed their hand on DJ's mouth to muffle his screams. DJ was about to bite the person's hand, but as he caught sight of their face, his eyes went wide in shock and he froze up. The person paused for a moment to be sure he wouldn't scream again, and then slowly removed their hand from on top of his mouth.

"M- mama?" DJ asked, sitting up in his bed now to stare at the woman before him whom he thought he'd never see again.

"Hi baby." Dia smiled, and opened her arms to welcome him into them. DJ wasted no time throwing his blankets to the side and launching his tiny frame into her embrace, causing her to chuckle a little as she kissed his forehead. Running her fingers through his curly hair, she inhaled his scent, having missed him more than anything even if it had only been a few days.

DJ buried his face in her neck for a minute before pulling back and Dia allowed him to stand up on his own. She then got on her knees so she could be directly at his height level. "B- but daddy said that you were-" Dia shook her head and waved her hand before he could continue talking.