𝐗𝐋𝐈

Omniscient
December 8th
California: Los Angeles

Dia rushed inside Naomi's hospital room with DJ by her side. They burst in the door and all eyes turned on them. "Naomi!" Dia and DJ both gasped, seeing Nae sitting up looking better than ever as she was now fully awake and Sean and Demetrius stood on one side of her bed. Nae gasped, covering her mouth. Demetrius and Sean had let her know Dia was back, but it hit different when finally seeing her for real.

"Dia! DJ! Bitch if y'all don't come hug me!" she said, holding her arms out so they could go and run into her. hug. DJ ran ahead of Dia and jumped on Naomi' bed, squeezing her into a hug. Nae held back a painful groan at the impact of his body on her healing one. She was practically numb to it though, she was just happy to see DJ and Dia.

"You look good Naomi!" DJ said and hopped off her bed, making room for Dia to hug her next.

"Thank you, I feel good. I saw your drawing you did of me too, it's beautiful." Nae said looking back to the peice of paper by her bed as she reached out to stroke DJ's curls. "I missed you so much and you're so big! How you been doing with you cancer?" she asked

"The doctor said the cancer cells are in remission, and that means there's a decrease in the number of cancer cells in my body and all the symptoms are gone, right mama?" DJ looked towards Dia for confirmation that he restated what the doctor told him perfectly. Dia nodded her head towards him to let him know that he was right.

Nae clapped for him a bit to commend his perfect vocabulary, "So what does that mean? Is he cured?" she looked towards Dia for the answer.

"No, there's still some cancer cells in his body, and they can grow and bring his cancer back so it's not a complete cure, but as of now, he's good. Hopefully it stays that way." Dia sighed. DJ had been in remission for six months so far, but Dia was still a little nervous that his cancer would return. The doctor said some people live their entire lives in remission, and others would experience having cancer again, while in rare cases, some were cured completely.

She just hope DJ was one of those rare cases, she couldn't live with worry in hear heart every day of his life wondering if he'd still be alive. But as of now, she didn't have a choice. "He'll be fine D." Nae smiled and grabbed her hand. "But okay, y'all 3 need to leave now, I gotta talk to my girl." she said towards DJ, Demetrius and Sean.

Demetrius looked at her strangely while raising his eyebrows, "What you gotta say that you can't say in front of us?" he asked

"Girl talk. I need tea, now shoo!" Nae said, waving them both off. Demetrius scoffed and flicked her off, as she did the same to him, but he did as told anyway as he grabbed DJ's hand and left with Sean to leave the two girls alone to conversate.

Dia sighed while taking a seat in the chair next to Naomi's bed. "How you feel?" she asked grabbing Nae's hand. She expected her to be handling it a lot worse, but instead, Naomi smiled.

"I'm fine. It's not my first time being shot D, I mean I lived in Compton all my life and surrounded myself around drug dealers. Kinda comes with the territory." she shrugged. Dia sighed in relief, she was still upset Nae had to go through this but was happy that Nae didn't feel too bad about being shot. "Sean and Demetrius still pissed though, they planning a drive-by on the people who was in on shooting me as we speak." she chuckled

Dia nodded in understanding, "I want in on that drive-by too." she admitted. Naomi was taken aback at her friend's words. She looked at Dia to see that her face was dead serious meaning she really wanted to go on the drive-by with Sean and Carti.