𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

Omniscient
May 6th
California: Los Angeles

"Can you say your full name for us?" the doctor asked while shining a bright light into both his pupils. While another doctor moved their fingers across his wrist, checking and counting the beats of his steady pulse.

"Demetrius Brown." he answered softly, trying not to close his eyes from the exhaustion he was feeling.

"How old are you?" they asked

"Six." he answered them once again.

"And who is this?" the doctor motioned for Dia to step foward in his line of sight. He glanced at her and smiled a little before answering once more.

"My mama." he said

"And this?" the doctor then motioned for Naomi to step foward

"My aunt Naomi." he answered

The doctors around him moved back and clapped their hands to praise him. "Very good DJ!" they applauded, making his grin get wider as his eyes slowly closed

"Thank you." he mumbled.

Dia breathed a sigh of relief and bent down to kiss his forehead lightly, "You can rest now baby, we just had to make sure your memory was right." she said lowly, DJ was already way ahead of her though, his breathing becoming steady as he drifted into a deep sleep once again. She still watched him carefully to be sure his chest was constantly rising and falling.

"Your son is a lucky boy Ms. Harper and he's really a fighter. Last night was a close call, but, with lots of CPR and defibrillation, we were able to get him back and luckily he still has all his memories and seems to be doing fine. We still have to keep an eye on him though, so we'll be in and out, monitoring his breathing and vitals. But I strongly think everything will be fine. Don't stress." the doctor placed a hand on her shoulder as small tears fell from Dia's face once more.

Although he was alright, she couldn't believe that she had lost her only child for even a few minutes. That was the worst thing she ever had to stomach. "Thank you, thank you so much for reviving him, thank you for everything." she said, looking at each and every doctor in the room that played a part in saving DJ's life. Dia was beyond terrified when they constantly started shocking him, but nonetheless, they did what needed to be done and ended up saving him.

Suddenly, the door to his room opened making everyone turn their heads in that direction. Dia's eyes dried up and her anger rose as she looked at the man that she now despised more than anyone. Looking him up and down, it took everything in her to not hit him then and there because it was clear what he had been doing instead of being there for DJ.

"Dia? Nae? Is DJ good? What happened?" Demetrius asked and walked over to them, trying to touch Dia but she quickly backed away before he could. He woke up at Keyara's house with over 100 missed calls and many more texts from the both of them, telling him to go back to the hospital. Demetrius was afraid the worst had happened, not even giving Keyara a goodbye, he immediately rushed there.

"I know this nigga lying." Naomi mumbled, looking Cartier up and down in disgust.

"We'll give you guys some alone time." the doctors nodded at Dia as she thanked them once again while they all left the three of them in the room together.