𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Omniscient
March 5th
California: Big Bear Lake

Dia and Hakeem entered a restaurant they were stopping by for dinner during their vacation. Ever since Demetrius threatened to kill Hakeem, Dia had never taken her eyes off of him. She made him use up his vacation days from work to get him to go on a small vacation with her. DJ was in the care of Demetrius, who knew what Dia was doing, but didn't try to stop it. As far as she knew.

After they were led to a booth, they both slid inside and sat next to eachother as their waiter placed their menus down. They both ordered themselves their own respective drinks and then Hakeem turned to face her so they could talk.

"So, why did you want to go on this vacation so bad?" he asked, Dia just smiled and grabbed his hand. She definitely wasn't going to tell him the real reason even though she felt she probably should have.

"I just figured we needed some time away honestly. We've never gotten into a fight like we did the other day and I don't want that for us, we were good until-" Hakeem interrupted

"Until DJ's dad came into the picture." he finished and Dia nodded her head, "Listen Dia, I was all for him being there for DJ at first but now it seems like he's just here to try to get you back. He's also rude and he's very disrespectful, not to mention the man had to be held in a mental hospital, there's something psychologically wrong with him." Hakeem pointed out

Dia held herself back from rolling her eyes because he gave her this speech many times over before, "I know that, it's not his fault, he lived a hard life." she defended causing Hakeem to look at her funny.

"Are you trying to defend him right now?" he asked in disbelief

She squeezed his hand tighter and shook her head, "Listen, I'm just saying you shouldn't judge him before actually looking at his background. It's not his fault he is the way he is, all his life he went through a lot and never had any proper treatment for his mental health which only got worse over the years." she said slightly sadly

Although she didn't like his ways either, Dia always felt bad for Demetrius no matter what. She always felt the need to change other people's opinion on him because he was so misunderstood in her eyes and she hated that.

"I guess Dia, I can try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is wearing thin." he said honestly, he was tired of Demetrius to say the least. "And I'm sorry I hit you, I just lost my temper it was built up anger." he apologized like he had been since the incident. Hakeem never had that type of experience, he was never abusive to any females, Demetrius just got under his skin so much and he didn't like that Dia always let him off easy.

Dia understood that so, she only shrugged, "It's okay, nothing I haven't been through before." she chuckled and then leaned in to kiss him, but they were stopped as their lips were inches apart after hearing a voice that was the last one they expected to hear.

"Is that my third baby mama?" Demetrius yelled after entering the restaurant with an arm wrapped around Keyara's shoulders. Demetrius followed her, after she told him she'd be out of town with Hakeem, he already knew it was part of her plan to stop Hakeem's death. So, he had Riley track her phone and took Keyara with him down to where they were.

"You're kidding." Dia mumbled, surprised after turning around to see the both of them. Her eyebrows furrowed a little when she saw him with Keyara. She heard they were dating but didn't take it seriously. However, now that she saw them cuddled up with her own eyes, she began to feel a little jealous.