𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

Omniscient
September 15th
California: Los Angeles

"Daddy." Nova sang while shaking Demetrius' body as he laid down in bed, sound asleep with a woman next to him, asleep as well. Demetrius stirred in his sleep, hearing his name being called and blinked his dry eyes open slowly. After getting his vision right, he was met with two female versions of him leaning over in his face which startled him a little.

"What the fuck? What y'all doin' in here?" he asked in shock while looking over to his side to see the woman he was with the previous night still sleeping. He was keeping both Nova and Ariel for the week, and the last thing he wanted them to see was him in bed with one of his hoes, but, they had already seen it. Demetrius mentally kicked himself for being so careless, she was supposed to be gone before they woke up.

"We're about to be late for school because you're being lazy. And who is that?" Nova frowned with her hands on her hips looking between him and the girl next to him.

Demetrius waved his hand dismissively and shook his head, "None of yo business. Now go outside and give me a minute-" he tried to speak but Ariel quickly cut him off.

"We don't trust your 'minute', you might fall asleep again so we're gonna stand right here and wait." she said and Nova nodded her head in agreement as they stood next to his bed. Demetrius simply shook his head, he wanted to get the girl out of the house first but clearly that wouldn't be happening with Nova and Ariel there considering the fact that she was still naked.

So, he just decided he'd take them to school first. Throwing his sweatpant clad legs over the bed, he stood up and grabbed his black t-shirt from the floor, sliding it on his body. "Come on." he ordered, walking ahead of them to the door where his shoes were. They both trailed behind him as he stopped to place his shoes on and grabbed his keys.

They all left the house and piled inside his Range Rover before Demetrius took off out of his driveway and down the street towards their school. The ride was silent, with only the sound of Nova's humming as she played on her iPad, before Ariel spoke up.

"Daddy, when can we see Ms. Dia and DJ again? It's his birthday you know?" she asked, immediately causing him to tense up a little as he drove.

Demetrius had almost forgotten what the day was, DJ's 7th birthday. Yet another birthday of his son's that he would be missing. He hadn't seen or heard from Dia since she knocked him out cold, but it wasn't like he was looking for her, not anymore that is. "Yeah I know. We ain't gone be seeing him today though." Demetrius answered.

"I miss him. We haven't seen him in forever." Ariel exasperated with a small roll of her eyes. Demetrius didn't say anything back, he only continued to drive. He felt bad that his daughters were being effected by him and Dia's separation, but it wasn't like he chose for it to happen, if anything he was upset at Dia for putting them in these circumstances in the first place. All she ever did was run from him.

"Yeah and I got him a present. It's a book about this kid beating cancer, and it's kinda funny too. I know he'd like it." Nova spoke up but kept her head down as she watched some cartoons on her tablet. Demetrius briefly glanced at her in his rear view mirror. Her reminding him that DJ also had cancer, sent a small pang through his heart. Deep down he wondered if DJ was even okay health wise especially with the sudden move.

"Where's the book?" Carti asked

"At mama's house in my room." Nova answered and Demetrius nodded his head, not wanting Nova's gift to go to waste.