𝐗𝐈

Omniscient
January 20th
California: Los Angeles

August and Demetrius sat across from eachother inside the psychiatric hospital, discussing Dia's predicament. Aug had already been calling Demetrius but the facility only allowed a certain amount of time for their calls. And they were also too busy speaking in code to form up their plan to get him out of there.

Not to mention Demetrius had to be isolated for a week because of an angry outburst after Dia got arrested that ended in him slamming Ashley's against on a wall. They then sedated him and trapped him inside a particular isolation room.

"She was sentenced last week, she only doing 8 months. It was 10 years but yo hoe ass lawyer got it done as usual." August explained to him.

"You saying 'only' like that's a good thing. I don't want her to do any months, I ain't even want her in there for a day. She so damn stupid I can't stand her." Demetrius ran a hand through his growing blonde hair and sighed harshly.

He hated the fact that she was doing time for him when she was innocent in all this. He felt like shit for not being able to stop her from confessing to something she didn't do. She was more than likely suffering, she was alone and in an unfamiliar environment. It killed him every night and every day.

"Chill out, she did it for you man you should be appreciative that you got her by yo side for real. She a good woman." These words spoken from August made Cartier look at him funny because he heard a familiar set of words come from Trey's mouth before.

Those words were spoken right before he told Cartier he had feelings for Dia. So now Demetrius was suspicious and he glared at his only friend.
"If you catching feelings for her-" he started but August quickly interrupted before he could finish

"I ain't!" he exclaimed, "I mean... I'll be honest, I had a moment where I felt something when she was about to go to jail but I really think I just felt bad for her. She's leaving behind a whole son man." he tried to reason with Cartier but Carti didn't care, he was now annoyed.

"You kiddin' me? The one time I fall in love and both my friends gotta like the woman. She ain't even all that damn special for you niggas to be going crazy over. Her ass is stupid and annoying and-."

August cut him off with a question, "So why you in love with her then?" he asked and a small moment of silence fell between them as Cartier thought about it. He had never been asked that kind of question so it caught him off guard.

"Cause... she got a good heart," he started off and thought some more about it before continuing, "She warm, she make me feel good just by touching my damn hand. She got a smart ass mouth that I don't like sometimes but it's kind of funny. She also sensitive as fuck and I think it's cute, plus she ultimately knows what's in my best interest but not so much for herself, she too damn selfless, that girl a whole idiot when it come to takin care of herself. But a pro at doin it for everybody else." he mumbled.

He did think Dia was annoying and stupid, but those were the only bad qualities he could think of to get men off her back. What he didn't realize was that, the good outweighed the bad which was why men were so quick to be attracted to her. And not to mention her beauty was out of this world.

"Look, I got you soft and shit." Aug chuckled, "But come on man, I may have had a little moment of weakness for her but that's it. We family, you know I'd never do you like that no matter what." he assured