1.10 road to joy

road to joy

"Hey, Kate." Kara smiled as she walked into the older womans office.

"Hey, Kara." Kate greeted back but not with the same enthusiasm.

"What's up?"

"I just can't find this little black book." Kate exclaimed, looking through papers on her desk.

"I can see that she's really overwhelmed."

"Uh, is there anything I can do to help?" Kara asked.

"Actually, yes! If you could pick up the sample costumes from the costume store, that would be amazing. You have to get them before they close, though." Kate told her frantically.

"Oh, okay, don't worry. You can count on me. If I was a super hero I'd be "get it done girl"." Kara smiled and held up her arms to try and show off her muscles.

"That's kind of a lame superhero." Kate laughed.

"Oh, is it?" Kara responded and moved a few things around on her desk before handing her the small black book she had been looking for. "Here's your book. Not so lame now, is it?" Kara laughed before walking out the door.

"Thank you." Kate shook her head at the girls craziness.

Kara walked over to her cubbie to get her bag. She looked to her right she could see James doing a move that he couldn't stick the landing on.

"Typical James, he just shows off for everyone. He's such a player. He's such a lady's man."

James saw her standing over by the cubbies when he was getting up off the floor and decided to go up to her.

"Yo. Where you going?" James asked.

"Um, nothing, I'm just doing something for Kate." Kara told him.

"I didn't ask what you're doing. I asked where you're going." He clarified. "Listen up."

"Okay, well, I'm just going to pick up the same costumes." She told him.

"I don't know why James is approaching me right now. I mean, I do not have time for it."

"All right, I'll tag along." He told her whilst Kara crossed her arms.

"Don't you have to get back to your girlfriend?" Kara pointed over to Beth.

"The thing about James is he flirts with all the girls and all the girls love it and I'm not falling for it."

"Beth? She's not my girlfriend." James told her.

"And does she know that?"

"Hey, yo, Beth?" James turned around and called out the girl. "You're not my girlfriend."

"Okay." Beth replied, laughing confused.

"She's not my girlfriend." James said again as he turned back to Kara.

"Okay, well, I gotta go." Kara told him and walked away.