2.29 old friends

Old friends

It was time for Eldon's solo and to say he was concentrated was a complete understatement. He had been completely immersed into the competition.

Earlier that day he had found out that he was competing against Daniel in the solo competition.

Eldon and Daniel had it out for each other ever since Eldon had got the male solo and Daniel left the studio because of it.

If he won, this would mean a lot for Eldon.

The group stood on one side of the stage sidelines as they saw Eldon on the other side. They started to wave to him but got nothing in return.

"Eldon looks so unbelievably focused right now. If anything, it's a good sign because it means he's ready."

"Apparently the word on the street is that Daniel used to dance for the The Next Step." Tre told Chuck. "Until, apparently the head choreographer from The Next Step took a little leave of absence permanently to another studio, and guess who followed? Daniel."

"SDA's third trip to these Absolute Dance National Championships, but they've got a new fresh face in the line up, who's about to take the stage right now." Chuck said.

Daniel walked out onto the stage just as Chuck said the words through the microphone and an applause followed him.

Daniel had stepped up his dancing every since he left The Next Step and all the dancers could see that.

He had a lot to prove to them seeing as he left their studio for this and if he didn't win then it would have been all for nothing.

Daniel had a new style that came with his dance that he probably wouldn't have unlocked if he didn't quit The Next Step. It was harder and more intense.

The audience burst into applause as Daniels music and dance came to a stop. He didn't miss the opportunity to look at the dancers from the sidelines over his shoulder.

"It is his first time at nationals but for Daniel it is also his first time under the hot hot spotlight and he came and did a great job. What do you think, Tre?" Chuck said.

"Absolutely, you can not even deny the high water bench marks that he has just put down on the floor. I don't know how The Next Step are going to come back after that one." Tre said.

Eldon walked onto the stage as he was called, even though he said nothing the group could tell that he was nervous but that wasn't going to stop him.

Eldons solo was so powerful. At first it was nice and smooth but then it was like a switch had flipped as soon as the music had dropped.

It didn't seem like Eldon on the stage, it was a different person that was determined to win and beat Daniel.

He had lost almost all of his confidence at the start of the year. He lost Michelle, he lost his solo but he still kept with it.

But, he came back from it all. He made a good bond with Michelle, he was finally friends with Hunter and he was finally feeling like he was meant to be at The Next Step.