2.8 what'll i do

what'll i do

"My mom almost, like, literally washed the kittens." Emily told Kara as the sat in squeezed. "In the washing machine! I was running, mom!!"

Kara couldn't stop thinking about what she saw happen last night with Beth and James in the music room.

It clouded her mind every second since it occurred.

"Did I tell you what happened last night with James?" Kara quickly spoke, interrupting her.

"No." Emily said.

"Okay, well, so, you know we.. we won the nationals duet, which is great, but, um.." Kara trailed off.

"Yeah." Emily leaded on.

"I went to tell him." She continued. "So, I go to the music room and I'm really excited about it. I'm really stoked to tell him, and then I go in and I see him and Beth kissing."

"What?" Emily exclaimed.

"Kissing her." Kara confirmed. "I don't think he saw me, but.."

"Wait, wait, how long were they kissing?" Emily asked.

"I don't know, but it seemed like forever." Kara rushed out, starting to feel as worse as she did last night.

"Kara, calm down." Emily said as she took her hands. "You have to talk to him. You don't know the full story, okay? Just.. just see what's going on."

"I think Emily's right. I mean, if I give James the chance to explain, then hopefully he'll be honest, and you know, he'll tell me the truth."

"You can't jump to conclusions with your heart, okay? And either you're going to get hurt, or he's going to get hurt." Emily told her. "You don't know the full story, okay? Just.." Emily stopped once James came over and sat beside the two.

"What's up?" James greeted.

"You just have to pack that picnic up and get out of here!" Emily exclaimed. "Like I'm about to do to wash my cat."

"Oh." Kara nodded.

"All right, well, have fun!" Emily smiled as she walked away.

"Your best friend is whack." James grinned as he took the seat the blonde was previously in. "What's up?"

"So, how was the rehearsal with Beth last night?" Kara gently asked.

"I want him to look me in the eye and tell me the truth."

"It was good. We really got some more progress with the dance. So I'm starting to feel really comfortable with it." James told her.

"So, nothing happened at rehearsal?" Kara confirmed. "Nothing out of the ordinary at all?"

"No, same old." James said.

"When he lies to my face.. I know the kiss had to have meant something. Why would he not tell me the truth if it didn't mean something?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary? No, like, alien as abducting you, or something? Nothing? Not one thing?" Kara asked.

"No aliens. What's up?" James asked.