Chapter 5: Snakebit

Wu: Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you! (He bangs a cymbal.)

(The ninja groan and get out of their bed.)

Wu: In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity. Crystal is already up on the deck. 

(Crystal comes into the room)

Crystal: Morning guys. 

Other Ninja: Morning

Kai: Sensei if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest? (yawn)

Cole: You call that a rest? I think my back had more lumps than the mattress.

Jay: We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time. Since the serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head...

Crystal: Umm Jay you might want to fix the plumbing before you brush your teeth.

(He starts to brush his teeth and spits out some sand.)

Jay: Pfw pf uhg. Yea your probably right.

Zane: What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of— (the ground break and he cough)

Wu: Hmm what Crystal said gives me an idea. I think today's lesson will be chores.

Ninja except Crystal: Chores?!

Crystal: Ok.

Cole: Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean.

Kai: Way to go Crystal, your little comment got us a full day of impossible chores!

Styx: Hey don't blame her, it's not her fault this ship needs work.

Kai: Oh yea well- 

Wu: Stop! Bickering will do no good. In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it.

Kai: (grumbling) This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up.

Jay: Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?

(Time skip to when Nya and Wu come back to the monastery)

(Nya and Sensei Wu enter a room to find the guys playing a video game while Crystal is on her guitar in the back trying to copy the game's background music.)

Kai: What took you so long?

Nya: Wow, This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?

Cole: Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean.

Nya: Hey Crystal!

Crystal: Hey Nya! 

Nya: What are you doing?

Crystal: Just playing on the guitar.

Nya: I didn't know you played guitar! 

Styx: Yea she's been teaching herself since she was 7!

Nya: Wow!

Wu: Oh, you have exceeded my expectations...