Chapter 48: Stiix and Stones

Important information at the end of this chapter!

(Looking for Ronin for the scroll of Airjitzu, the arrive on the docks of Stiix.)

Fisherman: Welcome to Stiix. Watch your step. Oh, I caught one. It's a big fella. Ugh, whoa. Whoa! (He's pulled into the endless sea.) Ugh. Dagnabbit.

Jay: (The ninja watch as Kai sits down nervously.) I didn't know you were afraid of heights.

Kai: I'm fine with heights. It's water I hate.

Zane: Didn't seem to have a problem before.

Crystal: Yea, what changed?

Kai: Well, before I could make a Fire dragon at will. Since Morro's taken over Lloyd and our powers gone, I haven't felt—Aagh! (A plank breaks under him but Crystal pulls him up.)

Cole: Well, now that we know ghosts don't like water either, at least we should feel safe surrounded by it.

Jay: Ugh, what a dump. You'd think the thief who stole the Scroll of Airjitzu would have better taste.

Cole: Uh, this is Ronin we're talking about. He'd steal the sea if it were worth anything. 

Crystal: Yea, we just have to figure out where he lives and get to the Scroll before Morro does.

Zane: Let's split up and start looking.

(The ninja arrive at a Pawn shop and start looking.)

Cole: Wait a minute, this is my dad's blade cup trophy. What's it doing in a pawn shop?

Kai: Selling stolen goods? Ha, sounds like we might have stumbled on the right place.

Crystal: Then where's Ronin?

Ronin: (He whistles while carrying a vase.)

Cole: Ronin.

Ronin: Huh?

Jay: Going so soon?

Ronin: If this is about our last encounter, it was only business.

Kai: You left us in the mouth of a—

Ronin: So you're still upset. Let me make it up to you. (He puts his vase down and pushes a button.) Aha! (The vengestone net trap fails.) Uh, that was a mistake. I can explain that.

Crystal: Seriously?

Styx: That was pathetic.

Jay: Yea.

Cole: Anyways, nothing here is legit, including you.

Jay: Yeah. I bet your airship's not far either. What do you call it again? Rylo? Ruby?

Ronin: Rex. And could you have a little sympathy? Sold her so I could buy this place. As you can see, I'm trying to make an honest living.

Crystal: Honest enough to steal the Scroll of Airjitzu?

Ronin: The Scroll of Who-whatzu?

Jay: Airjitzu. It can make a Spinjitzu Master fly.

Cole: Yeah. So hand it over or we can make you fly.

Ronin: Whoa, cool down, fellas. Even if I had such a thing, it sounds pretty old and important. Definitely not something I'd keep on site. And definitely too much for you to afford. Maybe I can interest you in some unique weapons? I've got Jadeblades, obsidian armor...