Chapter 121: A Fragile Hope

(In the Castle of ice, Lloyd is surprised that Zane is the Ice Emperor.)

Lloyd: Zane? I-I don't understand. How is this possible?

Ice Emperor: What did you call me?

(A few warriors and Grimfax come into the throne room with Crystal in their possession.)

Crystal: (Struggling against the Blizzard Samurai who are holding her) Ugh, let me go.

(The Warriors drop Crystal right beside Lloyd)

Lloyd: Crystal? 

Crystal: (Get's up and see's Lloyd) Lloyd? 

Lloyd and Crystal: What are you doing here?

(Lloyd is about to run to Crystal, but the Blizzard Samurai stop him with their spears.)

Crystal: (Looks at the Ice Emperor, putting two and two together.) No. Zane?

Ice Emperor: Who is this Zane?

Lloyd: You Zane! Your name is Zane! Don't you remember? (He takes a step forward, but two Blizzard Warriors block him with their spears.)

Vex: Step back. You are addressing the Ice Emperor.

(Lloyd looks at Crystal who shrugs. The two Ninja look back at the Ice Emperor)

Lloyd: We came here for you, Zane. We came here to bring you home.

Ice Emperor: This... is my home.

Crystal: No Zane. Ninjago is your home.

Ice Emperor: Nin... ja-go?

Lloyd: (He pushes against the spears.) Think, Zane. Try to remember. We were all together. We were fighting Aspheera and... 

Crystal: ...and she banished you with her staff. The staff of Forbidden Spinjitzu.

Vex: Don't listen to them. They lie!

Lloyd: It's the truth! 

Crystal: (She pushes against the spears.) Zane. You have to remember something. Or... someone. Like Master Wu, or Pixal?

(The Ice Emperor looks at Crystal questionably)

Lloyd: Uh, how about... Kai?

Ice Emperor: (Raises an eyebrow.) Who?

Lloyd: Kai! Remember when I threw his reds in with your whites and all your clothes turned pink? And you had to dress up as a Pink Ninja? Remember? 

Crystal: (Giggles) Oh, I remember that like it was yesterday. But it still made you look floral.

Lloyd: Zane?

Ice Emperor: (Pauses) No.

Vex: They seek to deceive you. To confuse you. Let me deal with them both, my Lord. (Bows.)

Lloyd and Crystal: (They see the Forbidden Scroll of Spinjitzu in the Ice Emperor's hand and recalls the moment when Zane was banished to the Never-Realm.) 

Crystal: Wait a minute. You were holding the other Scroll of Forbidden when it happened. That means-

Lloyd: It-It must have corrupted you somehow.