Chapter 176: Kryptarium Prison Blues

(We start our chapter in Kryptarium Prison, where the Ninja are seen sitting at a table while Skylor, Pixal, Styx, and Dareth arrive at the prison. They walk to the doors where a guard stops them.)

Officer: (He stops the four.) Name and reason for visit.

Dareth: (He pauses as Skylor nudges him.) Oh, right. Hi there. I'm here in an official capacity to see my clients for a legal consultation.

Officer: Lawyer? You look more like a second-rate karaoke club owner or something.

Dareth: I'll have you know I happen to be a first-rate owner of a second-rate karaoke club, thank you very much! (He humphs, offended.) 

Pixal: (She clears her throat when the guard looks at them suspiciously.) We are here to see the Ninja. (Gestures to Dareth.) He is their lawyer.

Dareth: Yeah! Totally, was going to say that next. (He shows the guard his card.) This is my card.

Officer: Hmm, seems to be in order. Room's on your right.

(In the visiting room, the Ninja are seen at the table waiting for there friends.)

Kai: (He taps the table.) You sure you didn't get the date wrong?

Zane: My undetectable transmission between Pixal and I advised me she and the others would be here. (He looks at a clock.) The next Wednesday at precisely 2:00 PM.

Lloyd: (Whispers to Crystal.) Should I be the one who tells him that that's against the rules to have communication with people outside the prison?

Crystal: You do that and he'll turn himself in for it. And Kai will not be happy. 

Kai: Yeah, he's the only reason I'm able to actually talk to my sister. (He shrugs.) Sure, it can only be through texts but still. (Lloyd looks at him. He waves his hand.) You can tell the dude later, after we get out of here.

Lloyd: (He laughs.) Right.

Jay: (To Cole.) No one sent a...cake, did they?

Cole: Uh, no? (Confused.) Why do you ask?

Jay: (He quickly looks at the doors.) Uh...no reason- Hey there's Dareth, Skylor, Pixal, and Styx! 

(The four wave as they sit down at the table with the others. Dareth takes out a briefcase and opens it showing some papers.)

Kai: What do you got Dareth? And it better be good.  

Dareth: Okay, guys. I know things look grim, but don't worry. The ol' Brown Ninja's got your back. I've been doing tons of research.

Lloyd: Great! What's the plan?

Dareth: We have to file for something called a...a ...aha! (He reads the paper.) A mistrial!

Kai: (Hopes rising.) And that'll get us out of here?

Dareth: Yup! 

Kai: Huh, I guess Lloyd and Crystal were right. We are going to get out of here.

Zane: Wait, we have grounds for a mistrial? What are they?

Dareth: The very real grounds that we don't like the judge's verdict. (He hands the paper to Crystal as she looks over it.) That'll get you guys out of here in no-time!