Chapter 166: The Calm Before the Storm

(Out at sea, citizens on a ship call for help.)

Captain: Mayday! Mayday! This is the Mary Louise. We've caught a squall! We need help! Mayday! 

Coast Guard: (On walkie talkie.) Say again, Mary Louise, you're breaking up.

Captain: We need help! (He turns the wheel.) We are in a squall!

Coast Guard: Did-- you say a squall? (At the harbour, there are clear skies.) There's no squall on radar. We have clear skies in all directions.

Captain: It came out of nowhere! One second the weather was good, the nex -- (He stops when he sees a shadow in the waves.)

Coast Guard: Say it again, Mary Louise. What was that sound?

(The shadow is revealed to be Wojira, with Kalmaar riding on her head and laughing maniacally. Wojira dives back into the sea, and the sea becomes calm again. At the docks, a coast guard is sleeping while fishing when something pulls on his fishing rod.)

Coast Guard: I got something! Or, something's got me!

(The gaurd's fishing rod is pulled into the water, and Glutinous appears before them.)

Glutinous: Is- this- Ninjago?

Coast Guard: (The citizens behind him run away screaming in fear.) Uh, yeah?

Glutinous: (Panting heavily.) I- must- speak with the Ninja.

Coast Guard: ...This can't be good.

(In the city, Jay runs into Benny's Arcade Emporium.)

Jay: Ah, I love the smell of arcade in the morning. (Gasps.) Prime Empire! Prime Empire...hehe, I was in that game! (To a boy.) Yeah, I was Superstar Rockin' Jay!

Nya: Jay, come over here! (Jay runs over to the Dancy Pants machine where she is dancing.) Check it out!

Jay: Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun!

Nya: I've been practicing a new move. Look!

Jay: Whoa, that's great! What do you call it?

Nya: I call it the "Electric Jaya".

Jay: You named it after me? Uh huh, I always wanted to be a dance move!

Nya: I named it after us! Jay, plus Nya, equals Jaya! 

(At the Monastary, Benthomaar is walking in the hallways with Lloyd.) 

Benthomaar: I assume there is still no word about my brother.

Lloyd: (Shakes his head.) Sorry, Bentho. Nothing. But it's only been a few days, he'll turn up eventually. It's only a matter of time now that the Storm Amulet isn't in his reach.

Benthomaar: And Crystal?

Lloyd: She's in the Hanger Bay with Zane and Pixal. Don't worry, Kalmaar's not going to do anything with her either.

Benthomaar: (Sighs relieved.) Of course, I just want to make sure that nothing bad happens to your friends because of me.

Lloyd: (He puts his hand on Benthomaar's shoulder.) It's not your fault at all that your adopted brother chose this path. 

Cole: (Walking in hearing the conversation.) Yeah, dude, villains are gonna be villains you can't do anything about it. Trust us, we have a lot of experience in this department. (He takes a bite of his cake.)