Chapter 132: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

(Wu, Pixal, and Zane are walking through the streets with Styx on Pixal's shoulder.)

Styx: Tell me again why we're here?

Zane: If the records are correct, this is Dyer's childhood home. His parents still live here.

Styx: "If" the records are correct. We had to go through the files and it took days!

Pixal: It took one day.

Styx: 24 hours you mean. Non stop 24 hours.

Pixal: 10 hours. (Styx groans) 

Styx: Let's just hope then they'll actually want to help us.

Zane: Their son is a dangerous criminal known as Unagami. It is their civic duty to provide whatever assistance they can.

Wu: Yes, but we have to handle it delicately, Zane.

Zane: As you wish. (Wu knocks on the door)

Mrs. Dyer: Hello. Can I help you?

Wu: Hello. We're looking for your son, Milton Dyer.

Mrs. Dyer: You know my son?

Zane: Not exactly. A video game he created a long time ago is causing problems.

Styx: And we've got to find him pronto. (Pixal and Zane look at him and he coughs) Uh, no rush totally.

Mrs. Dyer: Oh, of course, this is about those silly little games. Here I was hoping you were his friends.

P.I.X.A.L.: So you don't where he is either?

Mrs. Dyer: He won't talk to us. But maybe something in here can give you a clue to his whereabouts. (She motions for them to enter.) We just wanted the best for him. Focus on school, prepare for a career. We had no idea video games could be a real career. 

(Zane, Styx, and P.I.X.A.L. notice a photo of Dyer as a young boy.) 

Mrs. Dyer: And when it all went bad with that final game, we haven't seen Milton since...

Zane: Who is this with him?

Mrs. Dyer: One of his friends. What was his name? I can't remember. If you find my son, you tell him we miss him. (She picks up a toy car.) Tell him to come home.

Wu: Of course.

P.I.X.A.L.: Did he build this?

Mrs. Dyer: Yes. He was always building models to use in his games.

P.I.X.A.L.: Thank you for your time, Mrs. Dyer. 

(They leave.)

Styx: Well, that wasn't helpful. (The three look at him) But it was still worth going. 

(In Prime Empire, the Ninja are in Terra Technica.)

Jay: Guys, welcome to Terra Technica. The second Key-tana is here, but the only way to win it is to be crowned champion in the Speedway Five-Billion.

Lloyd: What's that?

Jay: Only the most dangerous race in Prime Empire. The track is lethal, the turns are deadly, and the other drivers are wild!

Cole: Easy. Nothing we can't handle, right guys? (The others nod) 

Crystal: Where do we sign up?