Chapter 114: Fire Maker

(Uthaug and Boma are going back to the Great Lake, carrying fish.)

Uthaug: Do you think they like to eat fish?

Boma: Who?

Uthaug: You know, the strangers, from Nimblago.

Boma: Everyone likes fish. And it's not "Nimblago." It's Ningabo.

Uthaug: That's not what they said. Even the yellow and black suit girl said Nimblago to Sorla.

Boma: What? No she didn't.

Uthaug: Yes she did. You probably didn't hear right. (Points at Boma)

Boma: I did hear right. 

Uthaug: Oh yea?

Boma: (Sighs) Honestly, Uthaug, whose hearing is better? Yours or... ? (Blizzard Samurai are heard marching down the pass.) Listen! Do you hear?

Uthaug: Blizzard Samurai! Heading our way!

Boma: We have to warn the village. (They both run off with the fish. Grimfax looks up at them, then continues on.)

(Back in the village, Sorla lays out a map for Lloyd and Crystal.)

Sorla: Your friend, Zane, is imprisoned here in the Ice Emperor's castle. There are only two paths through the mountains. This is the safest.

Crystal: It's...a pass?

Sorla: In the Old Tongue, it's called Mala-Wojira.

Lloyd: Mala-Wojira?

Sorla: Wojira's Wrath. But you must be careful. You cannot make a sound in this place. You cannot speak or whisper. Even your footfalls must be like a gentle breeze.

Crystal: Why's that?

Sorla: If you make a sound, Wojira will strike you down.

Lloyd: Okay... but what is it? 

(Sorla demonstrates the Wojira's wrath by blowing with her mouth. Lloyd and Crystal stand confused.)

Crystal: Ummm....

Lloyd: Okay! (Takes the map and rolls it up.) Great, well, I guess we'll just be quiet. 

(The two step outside to meet with the other ninja, except Kai, who are sitting on the snow.) 

Crystal: Any luck, Nya?

Nya: (Sitting) Nothing. It's really weird. The signal keeps coming in and out.

Lloyd: Huh. Maybe the cold is interfering?

Nya: Cold shouldn't matter. It's like the signal is weak. 

Crystal: But I thought the mech had a new battery?

Nya: It did, right Jay?

Jay: Yea! I put the battery myself. (Puts his hand on his chest in honesty.) 

Cole: (Standing, leaning on a piece of wood and crossed armed) Oh, then we know that the mech didn't get a new battery. 

Jay: (Glares at Cole. Sarcastic) Ha, ha. Very funny.

Cole: That wasn't a joke. 

Jay: Well-

Crystal: Both of you stop.

Nya: This makes no sense! Why won't the tracker work!? 

Lloyd: (Looks around) Where's Kai?