Chapter 140: Into the Dark

(The Bounty sails towards the Kingdom of Shintaro.)

Jay: See? I told ya. It's amazing!

Nya: I'll admit, I wasn't sure it could live up to the legend, but...it's even more beautiful. (She and Jay hold hands)

Wu: The Ivory City of Shintaro. Incredible.

Misako: What was it you said about seeing one fabled kingdom is the same as seeing them all?

Wu: I guess I stand corrected. (Misako smiles)

Hailmar: (The castle's doors open) It is with great honour, King Vangelis, that I present the famed Heroes of Ninjago.

Vangelis: Welcome, welcome! I'm most pleased you were able to accept our invitation. It is an honour. (He bows.)

Wu: The honour is ours. (The Team bow as well.) Shintaro is beyond anything we imagined.

Vangelis: I am only a mere figurehead. The citizens of our proud city are the heart of Shintaro.

Vania: Oh, they're here! (She flies toward them)

Vangelis: And please, meet my heart. Her Royal Princess Vania.

Vania: I am such a fan! I've read all about your adventures. It was my idea to invite you to my birthday. 

(Vania looks at Cole who smiles "lovingly, in awe" at her. Lloyd watches this suspiciously. Styx chuckles on Crystal's shoulder.)

Cole: It's an honour to be here, Princess.

Vania: So, is it true you've been to Hiroshi's Labyrinth?

Zane: Affirmative.

Vania: Traveled through time?

Nya: (Giggles) A bumpy ride from experience. 

Vania: Journeyed to the Cursed Realm?

Lloyd: (He continues to stare at her before Misako nudges him) Uh, yeah.

Vania: Competed in the Tournament of Elements?

Kai: Oh ho, do we have stories for you.

Vania: (Gasps) I need to hear them all.

Cole: Where should we begin?

Vangelis: (He and Hailmar land between Vania and Cole.) You can begin by following me. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for all of us.

(The Team walks after Vangelis while Vania runs up to Cole)

Vania: Cole, the Earth Elemental. What is it like to command the very Earth? Is it as fun as it sounds?

Cole: Yeah, pretty much.

Jay: (To Lloyd and Crystal) Huh. Weird. The Princess seems to like Cole. I mean, he's my best friend and all, but Cole?

Lloyd: Yeah. Weird.

Crystal: She probably just finds the topic of controlling the very ground you stand on "fun." That's probably all. 

Styx: But Jay is kinda right. I'd expected the Princess to talk to Nya, Pixal, or you first. Isn't it weird the first person she walked up to just so happens to have the power to move mountains? You know... (Gestures to their surroundings) Mountains?