Chapter 107: Powerless

(The episode starts off with the NGTV logo.)

Dan Vaapit: Today's news, tomorrow's history, I'm Dan Vaapit,

Lenora Spar: And I'm Lenora Spar. And this is Ninjago City News.

Dan Vaapit: Chaos. Fireballs! Serpents! Our city is under attack.....

Lenora Spar: Again.

Dan Vaapit: Yes, and today we're going live to our number one reporter.

Lenora Spar: Gayle-

Dan Vaapit: -Fred Finely, to bring you this breaking story.

Lenora Spar: (To Dan) What? I thought we agreed on Gayle?

Dan Vaapit: (Looking at the camera with an awkward and forced smile) We'll discuss this later.

Lenora Spar: But-

Dan Vaapit: Fred?

Fred Finely: Fred Finely here, five-time award winning reporter in downtown Ninjago City to report an inclement weather pattern: Fireballs falling from the sky. And these aren't ordinary fireballs. These flaming spheres transform into fire snakes.

Lenora Spar: (Drinking from her mug then spits it out) Fire balls into fire snakes? We've seen some crazy stuff, but fire snakes from fire balls?

Dan Vaapit: Did you say fireballs that turn into fire snakes?

Fred Finely: I did, Dan and Lenora. And as I'm sure you can hear the terrified, shrieking screams of the citizens of Ninjago behind me, the burning question on everyone's mind is: where is the Ninjago protectors team? Not a single one of our sworn protectors has shown their face in this dire time. Why have the "heroes" of Ninjago chosen to abandon us in our hour of need? Back to you, Dan and Lenora.

Dan Vaapit: A topical report, Fred, and somewhat concerning. We'll be sure to check back on the destruction of our city, but first, something less important.

Lenora Spar: Our "always reliable" (Emphasizing to Dan) Gayle Gossip is reporting from this- (She stops her self while looking at her paper) Wait, this year's puppy petting competition at Fur Mart? Dan, I thought we agreed-

Dan Vaapit: (Laughs nervously) Hehe, uh, Gayle?

Gayle Gossip: (On camera drinking a coffee) Why do they always give the breaking news reports to that blowhard Fred?

Lenora Spar: Ummm... (Dan laughs nervously again)

Dan Vaapit: (Whispers) Psst Vinny. Do something.

Gayle Gossip: I'm twice the reporter he is. Just because he bleached his teeth, they think—

Vinny: Uh, Gayle—

Gayle Gossip: Don't defend him, Vinny. He's a conniving weasel, not a reporter.

Vinny: Gayle—

Gayle Gossip: Can I tell you another thing?

Vinny: Gayle, you're live!

Gayle Gossip: (Throws away her coffee and back to her news reporter act thing.) What's more fun than puppies? Petting puppies! This is Gayle Gossip here at one of Ninjago City's most charming annual events, Fur Mart's annual puppy petting competition!

(A Elemental Cobra shoots Fire at the Fur Mart. The people and the puppies escape, except one puppy, barking at the snake.)

Gayle Gossip: Holy smoke, tell me you got that! (Fixes her hair)