Chapter 5: The Mysterious Neighbor Next Door

Countless shocking scenes flashed in Zhao Fan’s mind.

“This resembles the hacking in The Matrix…”

Meng Fu spit out the beer bottle cap in her mouth. Ignoring Zhao Fan, she walked to the computer and switched it off unhurriedly.

Snap.

The computer screen went blank immediately, returning to its usual gray appearance. This put an abrupt stop to Zhao Fan’s talking.

Meng Fu took a sip of beer. The taste had changed slightly but she didn’t care. She peered at Zhao Fan. “Do you get it now? Just do this in the future.”
Zhao Fan’s mind was filled with images of “cyber warfare” and she was momentarily at a loss for words.

She stared strangely at the silent computer, almost doubting her own eyesight.

She nodded blankly to express that she knew what to do.

“Have you packed the books?” Meng Fu retracted her gaze.
Zhao Fan shook her head. “I’ll do that now.”

Meng Fu stepped out of the door again and returned with many bottles.

“What perfumes are these? They smell good,” Zhao Fan inquired with Meng Fu while she packed the books.

Looking at the variety of colorful bottles, Zhao Fan could tell that the bottles contained perfume.

However, they were not labeled and looked like merchandise from roadside stalls.
Meng Fu didn’t turn and look at her. “If you like them, choose a bottle.”

Zhao Fan loved perfumes. She even had a few brand and limited edition perfumes that she could not bear to use.

Nevertheless, she didn’t shun Meng Fu’s perfume and took one bottle for herself.
Three minutes later, Zhao Fan, who had helped Meng Fu tidy up her suitcase conscientiously, suddenly came to her senses. When did she become Meng Fu’s helper?

**
After Meng Fu came back, she packed a few books and took out two notebooks. Pulling the black suitcase, Zhao Fan opened the door.

A man wearing a baseball cap was standing at the door. He was holding takeout in one hand and raising his other hand, about to knock on the door.

Zhao Fan looked up and was greeted with a pair of deep and clear eyes.

They looked bright and dazzling, albeit slightly distant.

She had seen countless beauties but was nevertheless stunned by him. “Mister, who are you looking for?”

The man looked past Zhao Fan to Meng Fu, who was standing behind her.
Meng Fu leaned against the door frame.

She raised her head and yawned lazily.
“Come in.”

The man seemed very familiar with the room. He entered casually.

After he went in, Zhao Fan tiptoed over to Meng Fu. “Who is he? Why is he looking for you?”

“He’s my neighbor who stays in the opposite unit,” Meng Fu said nonchalantly.

Zhao Fan cast a suspicious look at Meng Fu.

The man came out after entering the room for three minutes. There was a piece of paper in his hands.
Meng Fu glanced at the takeout in his hands. “You’re only eating takeout? Watch out for flies.”

Upon hearing her words, the man stared at her for a long time before gritting his teeth and saying, “You are still that sharp-tongued, huh? It seems you’re doing fine.”